WOW sod, Server faction balance and advertising

This is a genuine concern and rant with feedback to the server faction lock system in WOW season of discovery. I have no way shape or form that i can communicate so iam left leaving this post as self therapy.

“FACTION BALANCE”
The faction balance trope has been around for aslong as the launch of tbc. There has already been much insight and debate around the lifespan of a server and the natural form of wich server’s tend to go towards a certain population. Infact one could even look up statistics of these events and conclude a very logical thing. That just like birds people migrate when area’s become less populated or encounter any form of frustration. So can someone explain to me why people try to hold on the the illusion that somehow you can regulate a server faction without giving free acess of migration?

“CONTENT”
Because of a lockout a person cannot acess half the content the game has to offer. How is a customer who enjoyed wow as a player supposed to know that the server his guild play’s on has a server lock? Where is this information presented. Certainly not in the shop menu or when you seperately buy ingame days.

“MMO”
Guilds and friends are what make this game fun and why we have classic and even sod to begin with. When has server balance ever entailed a barred community? Was the game not about joining a large community and play the game?

“PVP”
You regulate pvp servers but you dont understand why there is faction inbalance in a pvp meta server. The logical chain of events is that a community of pvp’s will attempt to go for a favorable outcome of area. AKA THEY ARE COWARDS or that they will minmax and follow some nolifer’s build with a guide. It has been 10 years of nitpicking the best meta racials and professions, nobody will suddenly be convinced without a major rework that this is why to swap to a different faction. Even the human racial did not impact enough for this to be effective because the same faction inbalance towards horde is present.

“Conclusion”
Would you consider playing the game solo without friends? If the answer is yes then this is perfect and you will not encounter a single issue. Wich is great and i hope your stay is wonderful. If the answer was no, well…

“PERCEPTION”
Instead of focussing on the victim you can much better look at the agressor in this story. Because once a server inbalance hits the people will not suddenly say “Hey you know what, lets just delete our character and roll some alliance somewhere” Some people are also just set in stone on their character preferences wich is a whole different topic in itself. But atleast you did not piss off those gamer boomer pve weirdo’s right?
The idea that it will regulate itself once you bar entry is very childish and immoral let alone stupid. So is this the new scapegoat? Build a wall?
Honestly if a person wants to play and has a guild or a group of friends and cant play they are literally scammed. And i know the people who will defend this practice by saying “Well if they are your friends they will go with you” Its a joke to expect people to give up their playtime to migrate for just one person so to force this unpleasant interaction in the first place is a disgrace for a gaming company group that made this game. As if shitting over the original wasn’t enough its now time to even regulate social interactions. I know i wont be getting a refund because somehow this company will most likely have screwed me out of attempting that from ever succeeding with this most elaborate scam. Yet again im left wondering why i even thought for a moment i might enjoy the old experience of wow. The season of discovering this game is dead and its company should burn in hell season 2.

3 Likes

This forum is exclusively dedicated to collecting feedback on the Battle.net launcher app!

If you want to share your thoughts about WoW please do so in the correct forum

4 Likes