Abnormal Vram usage

video settings shows 1/2 VRAM usage, my GPU (GTX-1070-8gig) software shows 7400mb out of 8 gigs VRAM is being used while I’m in game, Graphic Card temps high also, is this a common issue !?.,also on low graphic settings game still takes up 4500-5000mb, is this normal !

1 Like

VRAM usage in itself is not a bad thing and the amount of VRAM being used depends not only on the ingame settings, but also on the resolution, if a higher resolution is virtually being used, and on background programs.

Temperatures in itself also shouldn’t climb massively if the card is adquately cooled and you may want to check for overheating and how to resolve that.

thanks for the reply, no background processes was running that would take up GPU usage, i actually went through every process/services to make sure nothing is running while i’m playing, game is running on default/standard resolution (1920x1080) that is used to run other games as well.(not 4k or anything like that). what i don’t understand is why in game VRAM usage is lower than what my GPU software shows, this only happens in this game and it worries me. i have to keep the GPU monitoring on to make sure nothing goes wrong.

1 Like

same thing happens to my pc, VRAM usage increases gradually, and when u look at the game setting it shows VRAM stable at 40%, it’s very annoying, i don’t want to lose my graphic card to this game, i will never be able to afford another PC even again, if i lose this one.

actually it does conflict damage overtime, it’s like exhausting your GPU by keeping it constantly under stress for nothing, specially sometimes i leave the game open while i’m afk, that’s the worst. crashing or seeing artifacts in game are the least of my concerns. thanks for the reply.

lol better buy a RTX card np there gtx is old