Advanced noob´s question fore seasoned players (who regularly defeat Ubers)

Hi, by “advanced noob” I mean I had (lost all my offline characters due to reinstalling windows and not backing up my D2 files…) four Pat/Matriarchs. Cause I played offline I had to use only what I found. And sometimes after drops I thought I was cursed (never seen Shako, SoJ, Andies…). Anyways, I could farm my chars to beat hell Baal. But when I tried to go for torch I hit the wall pretty hard. Like there was no way I could beat ANY of those supercreatures. I don´t really remember every belt or boots any of those chars had but I would really appreciate your opinions/advices if my failure was due to my skills (their lack of), if I overvalued some of the items or if those chars were doomed to fail as they were built.

Sorc was oriented about Frozen orb and Meteor. I know some of the players advice to spec only in one element but I have moral trouble with this. I mean like “I am going to kill Lord of Terror! Oh wait, there is a squirell immune to cold, run away!” So I prefer to have a back up plan for damaging immunities. So there is just one question. Is it possible to go with this combo or you have to be straight in one element to max synergies?

Those two will be difficult for me. First, Bowazon, maxed strafe, maxed Val, as an armor Mawena (can´t remeber the name correctly). I know, not the best, but she looked AWESOME in it and I believed it had some nice bonuses for having some more stuff from the set and as a weapon Buryza Cannon. Honestly, I had great fun playing with her. Dodging most of the attacks and firing like machine gun. The damage was good enough to calmly go players 5 Baal. But Ubers? Not a chance. Damage non existent.

Barb- cause I found with different char legendary Mauls I decided it was the way he goes. First one, don´t remeber the name was pretty fun for normal diff, almost one hit killing anything. On Hell I switched to Immortal kings Maul. I wore almost complete set (couldn´t find Armor and like Arreat´s helm better). Again, liked him a lot, although it was more challenging than my Bowazon. But when I tried Ubers, again, not a chance. I was even so desperate I cheated and used that item creator cause I desperately wanted Breath of the Dying Maul. But truth to be told, I found it even worse than Immortals Maul. I thought it will be like ultimate weapon but meh… Should have those chars with this items have a chance against Ubers or was it o no-go?

I rather won´t start with Mercs… Like the best I could find for Merc was Ariocs Needle which should be like ok but I called my merc ex-wife cause he mostly did nothing and cost me a lot of money… (for reviving)

If u want to beat uber tristram on a budget ur best bet is a budget smiter paladin. Lots of decent guides on youtube on this char however i can point out a few things and stats that are almost mandatory if u want to do it. 1 u need crushing blow pref as high as possible, any one hand weapon or runeword with crushing blow will work and gore riders boots or goblin toe. 2 u need some source of open wounds to prevent ubers from healing or u will find it pretty hard to kill them at all, again gore riders will do fine here or draculs gloves. 3 u need lifetap either shop a magic wand with lifetap charges or farm mephisto till u find draculs gloves. Last and very important uber mephisto uses conviction aura so u need a good pala shield with decent smite damage and resistances + make sure u run conviction aura at least lvl 25 i believe to override mephisto’s aura. Btw a great helm is guillaume’s face just make sure ur resistances are maxed and use smite to kill them cause it dont require attack rating. Oh and btw farm some full rejuv potions before u start

As mentioned by Pede, killing hte three Ubers you will do it easiest with a Smiterdin. Getting the keys and organs you might need another char. Look for guides on the web. maxroll does have some input.

Thanks for reply even I am not sure if it answer my questions. I saw some YT vids about Smitter being the best for this job. But only Paladin I ever played was Hammerdin, got him around L4Osomething but to be honest, didn´t really enjoy playing him.
I hoped for people sharing similar chars like mine to beat Ubers and answer like if that Immortal King´s hammer or Buryza are crap or pretty decent weapons that should do the trick. I am pretty sure I had some of the items you listed like Goblins, Travelers, Guillaumes (never droped Nosferatus), I for sure tried to use life tap wand, but what Duriel done to me in seconds should be considered a crime. But thanks anyways.

Orcinus: Thanks to you as well. But as I tried to explain, I wasn´t looking for the easiest way. Without much previous experience, I thought about it like the natural progression would be beat Ball, start playing on Players 3-7 (ok 7 very rarely), go beat Ubers with my hero. Sure farming the keys was pain in the ass (esp with Barb. Cannot say if I hated more farming in Act II against phys imu draining mana or Nithla killing me with corpse expl) but what I tried to say, I was willing to go throught that. So I was more looking for opinions like “nah, with Maul it is almost imposible” or “yeah, that weapon is great, you just suck,” whatever :o)

Ubers doesn’t really work like a natural progression. You need to really farm stuff and possibly respec your char for it.
p8 WSK is piss-easy compared to Ubers p1.
It’s a real step up or rather 2 or 3.

But GL to your tries! :wink:

Like i said the 3 main stats u need for ubers are crushing blow, open wounds and lifetap. In theory any char can do ubers but most chars are very gear dependent except for the paladin. I enjoyed doing ubers on my barbarian but u need a shit load of attack rating to be able to have a decent hit chance when using any other char than the smiter. Even a summon necro can do ubers if using the right gear but most of it is pretty hard to come by on single player and if u are going for a Barbarian u will need at least 12k attack rating pref more and u will need to hit at least 200% light resistance to counter mephisto’s conviction aura ( can be done with prebuffing fade from a treachery armor in river of flame fire) since his aura gives -125% light res as far as i remember

Just remember without open wounds crushing blow will not do it alone. Crushing blow has diminshing return so once ubers gets below 30% health or so they will start healing more than the damage u deal if u have no source of open wounds to prevent healing

Thanks both for your replies.
As I wrote I lost all my characters so I am starting from a scratch (one Necro L42). So I am very very far from even thinking of trying it again. Still, it is really painfull how many hours I played and had no chance and than I watch YT and guy who goes from L1 to Ubers in less than 4 hours… :oD