Are mods bannable?

Well, you would be a good candidate, given that you started the thread :smiley:

1 Like

You just buy the right to play their game, not the right to modify it, i woulnd’t use mods online, do whatever you want offline solo but don’t touch online. Just a wise advice. Got banned twice back in the years for using things

someone remember the “good” old “d2gfx. dll”

for years(!) it was “ok” to use this modded file. just to start diablo 2 multiple times on the same instance.
and then from one to the next day blizz said it isnt “ok” anymore.

this was one of the bigger ban waves. a lot of accounts got banned.

so using mods online will ever be a risk. ppl can use mods for years without any problem. but when blizz says “enough” it can be banned.

so the only question you need to answer. is this QoL feature worth to maybe losing your d2r account?

every kind of mod should be banned ! … Blizzard? Statement please

I just wish someone would mod the shako graphics out. It’s just way too ugly!

1 Like

So do they care about it for single player? I loved modding single player orginal diablo 2 so it would be great to get clarity if its okay for single player.

I know they (devs) have said some mods are allowed, but personally what I’ve learned throughout the years; DO NOT USE ANY MODS. I wouldnt even use item filters. The devs are known to ban people even though they say something is allowed. Just easiest way to make sure you dont get banned is done use anything.

Any one ever get ban for using a mod on d2r ?