Constant audio stuttering

I’ve recently reinstalled D2R and found that the game is suffering from constant audio stutters. The audio will just cut out like it’s lagged - happens with ingame audio & any out of game audio (like spotify).

I don’t drop any frames - it’s just the audio cutting out which is very annoying. I’ve tried re-installing. I’m running the latest drivers for everything and nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas?

PC Specs - Windows 11 - i9 12900k, 3090 Ti, 32gb ddr5 5600.
Dxdiag here - Dxdiag

Running in Fullscreen @ 3440x1440 144hz. All other games are fine - it’s just D2R.

Thanks

Hey there,

So I looked over the dxdiag and I noticed a few potential issues.

First it appears the dxdiag itself failed on the previous attempt:

" DxDiag Previously: Crashed in Direct3D (stage 2). Re-running DxDiag with “dontskip” command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information"

It also did not include all of the details for your GPU which could indicate an issue with those drivers or a larger system issue that also affected the Dxdiag.

I also noticed a large number of 141 LKE errors, these again relate to the GPU and suggest a driver issue.

Finally I see

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: BEX64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

• Problem signature:
    P1: NoiseCancelingEngine.exe
    P2: 1.0.0.19
    P3: 63355b93
    P4: StackHash_ac46
    P5: 0.0.0.0
    P6: 00000000
    P7: PCH_12_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009F7A4
    P8: c0000005
    P9: 0000000000000008
    P10:

This appears to typically be found in ASUS software suites (Armory, RoG etc…) It relates to Audio and your issue description mentions audio issues. So likely related though it may just be another symptom and not the source of the issue.

The first step would be to reinstall your GPU drivers.

Then reset the in game user options:

1. Right click Windows Start, Open File Explorer
  2. Navigate to C:\Users'Windows User Name’\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected
  3. Delete the Settings.json file
  4. Empty the Recycle Bin.

Put your system into selective startup mode: Blizzard Support - Closing Background Applications

Retest. If the issue persist then:

Create a new administrator account: Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, then I recommend submitting a ticket with an msinfo attached for further investigation. (instructions for collecting that msinfo report will be on the form.)

Click your name at the top right of this page, click support, click contact support.

1 Like

Thanks for the response and the suggestions.

I tried all of these and none worked. I forgot to add before that I usually play with a speaker setup. I switched over to my headphones which are connected via a USB Amp and weirdly, it works fine like this.

A little baffled, but an easy workaround.

Thanks