Cow level portal

i noticed the following when playing the secret cow level last night.

When you put wirts leg and a tome of portal in your horadic cube and press the button to open the red portal to the secret cow level when your standing not at your stash in act 1 but for example close to akara the cow level portal appears there.

This is no problem but what i noticed that i spawned in the secret cow level at another place on top of a group of cows immediately when going through the portal. This was in hell mode i was killed in a second.

It seems that the location of the red portal in act 1 village determines your spawn location in the cow level itself.

Is this a bug ?

It’s 100% random. Location in town has nothing to do with it.

edit: also, how many cow levels have you opened in various locations to come to this conclusion?

1 Like

I used to place the cow portal always near my private stash. But this one time i placed it in another location and was killed instantly when i went through the portal.

Do you remember the location? Open another 100 portals on that spot and see how often you get instantly mobbed when entering.

This is normal, it’s random where the portal opens. It’s normally pretty close to the cow kings location!

Pre buff before you go in. Then enter at your own risk. It does say that somewhere.

Cow portal near akara gives instant kill
Charsi 2 cow kings
Gheed gives Cow Queen and King.
Choose your destiny.

1 Like