D2R and Windows 7

D2R works at Windows 7 (although Win 10 is specified in the minimum requirements).
But there is a problem. Game starts, but not from first attempt.
For my configuration (i7-4770K, GeForce GTX760, Win7x64) it’s need to load D2R several times. Usually, after screen “Press any key to continue” appears small window “Connecting to Battle.net” and after that game is closed. But if I continue to try, to 5th, maybe 10th times D2R starts correctly and I can play. Experimentally, I found out that need to delete file C:\Users[User Name]\Documents\Diablo II Resurrected\Save\Settings.json. That is increases chance to load game correctly (but setting was discarded).

It’s not convenient, of course. Some people with Win7 say that all works well, no problem.

Can you advise something in my case?

2 Likes

Hello CleriC,

Diablo II: Resurrected is only supported on Windows 10 on PC since Microsoft as stopped all support for this OS.

Yes, but D2R works on Win7 too. I just try to find out why game starts not from first attempt.

Just go to an OS that’s supported. :wink:

Upgrade to Windows 10 didn’t cost a single dime. It’s now around 30ish €.

windows 10 is 140$. this isn’t a solution

1 Like

Exactly, this is pure ridiculous

Where did you get it for free? I can’t find it and I’m not paying$130

I have the same problem as the topic starter. Bought D2R with the intention that it would play on my system “Windows 7 DX11” as Classic D2 and D3 have done so for many years.

Windows 7 is still fully supported by Microsoft until the end of this year. You have to pay for this support though. Free support did end but Windows 7 is still a supported OS.

The problem is I did not read the minimum requirements after all why would it not run. My system runs both D2 classic and D3. The minimum requirements also lie in that the main problem is DX12 support not Windows 10. DX12 is part of Windows 10 but that is not mentioned as such in the minimum requirements. Add to that that Microsoft made DX12 available on Windows 7 for WoW no less so Blizzard knows all about this.

Whats more all Blizzard games come with telemetry single back to Blizzard every time a game is run. D2 classic has SystemSurvey.exe among others. D3 has InspectorReporter among others. The Battle net app has call back. So to find that D2R does not run on my and many others systems that can run the previous games “epic facepalm moment” with Blizzards FULL KNOWLEDGE about every aspect of my system under all software that Blizzard has on my machine is just flabbergasting to me.

Please rapport to the tech team of D2R that I and many many others! Would like to have a DX11 render that runs D2R even without the eye candy “the new graphics” I do not mind playing with the old graphics at all. I just want the quality of life improvements and patches.

If not for that than then just release the patch to classic D2. I paid for all versions of Diablo I love the game please hear our plight. Thank you.

3 Likes