D2R doesn't launch

The game dont run again, my pc is ok Blizzard what are you doing?

Hey guys same thing here on my phenom rig.
played the beta.
Tried Beta on old(2015) laptop, game launched to a message that basically that machine could’nt handle it.
Downloaded D2r via bnet and got the game to launch to point of that message again. 1 step closer.

How can you know if you actually reach the min requirements when blizzard don’t list them correctly!

AVX has been added and it’s not on the requirements!

When is the Patch for us, the do not have AVX CPUs ready Blizzard? We all have played well in Beta! Please give us a Statement.

3 Likes

They actually have, either on the US forums:

or on Twitter:

Latest update (8:23 AM CET) said that the build they tried to make during the night wasn’t up to satisfaction and that a new attempt would be made in the morning (US times, so afternoon for Europe).

Unfortunately, all we can do is being patient…

6 Likes

Hey all!
Thank you so much for your patience here.
Sadly can’t mark as solution yet but SwHawk’s post is showing the latest info.
This is an issue we’re tracking and is a top priority to fix right now. Please keep an eye on the threads and the Blizzard CS Twitter for updates.
We’re hoping to get this resolved as soon as possible!

6 Likes

i have too this problem :frowning:

Press Play ,nothing happens.Beta was ok. i7 950

3 Likes

I have the same Problem… clicking " Play " button and its not working.
Clicking Play - Launching - and back to play.
My PC:
Prozessor: Intel(R) Core™ i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 8 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
BaseBoard: SABERTOOTH X58
Graphic card: Geforce GTX 1060
RAM: 12GB

Thanks for the update and for your work.

Please don’t take this as an insult for your person, but I really can’t beleve a single word you guys are saying anymore.

This tread is ongoing since yesterday, with promises that it is going to be fixed soon, and not a single freeking step has been taken since. Freeking unacceptable

Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5660 @ 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz (2 processors)
Installed RAM 96.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎4/‎23/‎2021
OS build 19043.1237
1 Like

Steps have actually been taken, the fact that they started a build that went through QA somewhat around 2AM at their time means that they’ve actually done something. Unfortunately the build didn’t meet QA terms, which cannot be foreseeable.

I understand people can get angry over this, hell, I am too, but I also can ake a step back an take into account that this issue – with a 1.5k post on the US forums, from which at least a third is ranting and not helping the devs, so let’s say 1k user actually reporting the bug, and let’s be generous, affects actually ten times more people – affects something like 10k users. I don’t know how many sales were made during the pre-release period, but I’m assuming that it ranges between 10 to 100 millions. So this particular issue is affecting 0.1% to 1% of the userbase…

Compare that to the server issues they ran into during the night, that possibly affect the 99 to 99.9% other users… Blizzard is out making profit, so that means they have to please the bigger base… So first things that got fixed were the servers… Then they could move on the the other, more minor bugs… Yes this is most disgruntling to hear/read, but that’s a cold hard fact… Actually I’m somewhat relieved they actually tried to compile a build through the night, even if eventually it was unsuccessful… They actually care about that 1% or 0.1%…

3 Likes

Worst launch ever seen. Usually not complaining but paying 40 euros for a remaster… and this
ANY ETA at least? No update since?..

3 Likes

Yeah, this is one way to see things, sure but there is some contraversy here as well.
This was working as a charm on the betas for most of us, and now we find out that our more than capable PCs can’t handle the game because they decided to change up something what wasn’t even communicated.

Also saying that they will continue “in the morning” is totally not acceptable. They should have a 24hour support when launching a game for at least a week or so.

I’m really dissapointed, and I think this was the last dropp in the cup for me to support Blizzard(Activision). How many times will we forgive them?

Having issues with the servers is not an excuse to not taking care of the 1%. They should have been ready before launch. Also that 1% based on your calculation is 40k-40million$.
I do expect somethig to work for that ammount of money.

Also a really good point here. It’s a freeking remaster. It’s been working for 20 years… “we’re changing just the layout and some quality of life changes” they said. It’s is just a reskinning of a 20years old working game for freeking 40euros. Let me be a bit more upset then usually when things go wrong with a new game release.

2 Likes

All around incompetence from blizzard.
Such a big hype around a release of a game.
A game that worked perfectly during beta.
They make a change, ruins a huge number of people’s ability to play.
Slow as possibly can be in fixing it.
“Sorry, we couldn’t fix it, we will try again tomorrow”
You do realise a product you sold isn’t working for a large portion of customers and that’s the line you come up with? You can’t fix something you broke in between beta and release?
My respect for blizzard has dropped below what I thought was the minimum, it is now in the negatives.
Excellent work, surpassing all expectations as usual.

5 Likes

Check your numbers. I think you were ‘fanboy blinded’

I’m not saying I forgive them, I’m just saying that I understand the circumstances.

Are you actually working in a development team in an IT company ? If so, have you ever yourself or your hierarchy pushed on production a build that was, knowingly or not, bugged ? I’m assuming the answer is yes, because no amount of testing will squash out all the bugs. Did you IT company have your team on call 24/7 for the following week ? I don’t think so, hell, that’s not even the standard for banking or insurance related IT products… You have to be realistic, having people on payroll 24/7 is just a waste of energy, money and productivity

Actually it work for 99% of the people. We’re not 20 years back, where games were actually released on CDs and pretty much no one had internet access to download a patch… Things have changed for better AND for worse…

Should we compare it to Cyberpunk 2077, No Man’s Sky, or other recent titles ? As I said, I’m not trying to excuse their behaviour, I’m just saying that their order of priority might not be the same as ours, that’s all.

We can all be pissed all we want, but at the end of the day, we’re confronted with two options: either get a refund or be patient about it. No amount of ranting is going to speed up things. I’d rather have a well tested patch solving the problem, even 24, 36 or 48h after release, than have a patch making things worse 4, 8 or 12h after release… But then again, it’s only my humble opinion…

2 Likes

I bought the game yesterday, can could never see it so far. When clicking on play it changes the button to “game is running” but nothing is launched

1 Like

I will post here agian. BLIZZARD FIX THIS AND DONT POINT FINGER TO OUR SYSTEMS!!!

This is a problem on your end not ours!!! we have high end gaming pc.

REFUND US if you cant fix this in 1 day !

2 Likes

The refund yours to ask, you can do it here:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/d2r/1930/1932/solution