[D2R PC] Disconnection issues

97B54B5F-8260-4B96-8181-FFDDD436780E

this is my most recent code, same problem as OP

I have the same issue. Its very annoying having to travel through the same areas after just clearing them. Been disconnected 2 times the past half hour

I was having the same issue with Disconnects. Then I read an article that indicated it was a fire wall issue. So I did the following (This assumes you have Windows 10)

1. Windows + R
  2. In the Search box enter Firewall.cpl.
  3. Click on Advanced Settings.
  4. Click on Outbound Rules.
  5. In the Right Navigation pane lick on New Rule.
  6. Follow the prompts for adding the profile for the game.
  7. Click on the Tab Protocols and Ports.
  8. In Protocol click the down arrow and select TCP.
  9. Under Local Ports click the down arrow and select Specific Ports.
  10. In the dialog box right below Local Ports enter: 1119, 6120.
  11. Click Apply.

You should also enter the same port information for the UDP protocol.

Doing this seems to have stablized the game for me.

Same here. I can’t create or connect to another player game and sometimes d2r close itself when i save and exit.

Still no fix. This is not a firewall issue.

Same issue. Disconnects get worse as the queue goes up. Between the queue’s and wrongful disconnects it becomes very hard to enjoy this game, or even play it to any worthwhile level. You need to stop DCing people for the slightest problem.

2 Likes

I am having this exactly same problem, but on Nintendo switch… Connection interrupted every 10 to 15 minutes or so.

I have 2 min max 3 min…I manage to Get to the Countess or Nihlathak, very rare I can do both. THE WORST PART IS THAT I HAVE 2-3 WEEKS GAME PLAY WITH 0 EXP GAINED…not to mention the loss of my gold ! I usually collect my corpse from the floor on entry after dc… I am level 91 since 17th of Oct…that’s a Month on the same level 91…

i have total 5 toon which total lvl about 400 lvl. (just so to know time played) was no issue. recently that RANDOM UNKOWN DC issue, once back to online is about collect u CORPSE and lose XP, Again and Again. is take me 2 week and CANT make ONE LEVEL. so bliz is this the skill you have remake a game after 20 years ?

Getting the same… mutiple times during a session…

Your connection has been interrupted…

Really… What is this!?! It’s really starting to P*SS me off!!

Is this the new standard??? … if so… what a pity…

You can do better than that Blizzard… Come on… even the old d2’s connection is better than this piece of “Garbage” :confounded: :broken_heart:

1 Like

Problem still persists after numerous patches.

I UNDERSTAND that it’s a very old and janky engine that the game is running on top of, but comeon we paid prima money on this re-release so please make this issue your top priority :pray:

Often when I disconnect in the middle of a game I just know that I died and lost a bunch of EXP and what not, so I just alt+f4 out and stop playing for a while. Maybe it’s for the better because this game is crack cocaine :smiley:

1 Like

It kickes me out a couple of times just secondes before I finish a quest on hell. Its really annoying. I am asking me why I am buying this game.

same here. After some days of playing immediately after the release, I stopped in October due to connection issues.
Though the well published D2R server problems discussion apparently had ended some weeks ago, I am still kicked out of the game after appr. 60s of playing.
What exactly is the product/service named Diablo II Resurrected I payed for?

Hey Pyro,

While the servers did indeed have some issues when the game released, these have been solved, and we’re unaware of a issue that could affect a large number of players at the moment.

You can find more information here if needed:

Same here, disconnect after 5 - 10 minutes.

Having difficulty getting any progress, its just out of shear luck i manage to get a good map and rush to finish an act quest before i get disconnected. its just not good enough, i cant actually play the game in its current state when im guaranteed a disconnect every 5-10 minutes. no other game i own performs as poorly as D2:R is in terms of net stability.

i played only D2 today, all day, nothing else, and i managed to get about 30% of an xp bar from lvl 70. i spent most of today getting disconnected mid fight and returning to a dead char, dead merc.

i dont feel safe dropping anything on the ground, whenever an item drops now i immediate dive bomb it and retreat as i’ve lost multiple unique and set items to the frequent dc’s just today
, not to mention it seems like i have to make 2-3 attempts at the “play” button at the character selection menu (the first attempt 100% results in an immediate disconnect) to properly join the game

im starting to lose interest in diablo as a whole because the lag and disconnects haven’t improved and don’t appear to even be acknowledged as an issue.

Feel exactly the same, have tried all suggested blizzard fixes even contacted my isp to check through my router settings ect changed I.P. Literally can’t play. Very frustrating… :frowning: As you no other games provider/server has any issue for me.

I have the same problem. Really frustrating. Come on Blizzard …FIX THIS!!! Paid good money for a game that is driving me up the wall. Very unhappy :frowning:

Reposted from a similar thread:

I remember when this game originally came out, the first time around I mean.
It was a simpler time, and we didn’t have any of this fancy Broadband, we relied on a modem that screeched to initiate a connection.

How is it possible that back in the day of using a phone line at 40–50 kbit/s I had a more stable connection than I do now?

Answer: Blizzard used to care…

Blaming our ISP’s, when there are no other dropouts or loss of internet connectivity, is passing the buck!

As Blizzard says there “Isn’t a large number of reports”, they’ll just keep throwing these useless “Solutions” at us to fob us off, just like Microsoft support forums - it’s regurgitated garbage!

1 Like

Reposting from a similar thread:

Here is a post from the Overwatch forums from a Mod regarding WinMTR:

"Veadsarias

26 posts

Forum Moderator

3d

The WinMTR records are actually looking quite solid, but it is possible they’re not actually capturing the problem to begin with.

More specifically: this test only looks at one specific type of data packet (ICMP_ECHO, aka “ping”), not all data that is transferred from/to the game servers. There have been cases where network nodes were deliberately configured to let ping-packets pass completely unhindered (making pathping/WinMTR results look great) but still delayed/throttled actual gaming traffic heavily - which would have results that’d look a lot like what was described here.

A potential test would be to try and play a few matches using a VPN service. If the problem then miraculously disappears that’d be fairly strong evidence towards blockades/throttling on the “regular” connection route, and a chat with your internet service provider would likely be a good call then. :slight_smile:"

Link to topic: 40% of the games are high ping (winmtr inc) - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums

So, even after running their suggested tests, they still try to pass the buck onto ISP’s…