[D2R PC] Disconnection issues

Hello, I started this morning to play Diablo II Resurrected in my PC (Windows, Spanish version). When I playing online, I suffer random disconnections. So, a message appears saying that I have lost the connection with the server, and kicks me of my own game. It happens after around 10 minuts approximately (but at least, randomly).

It is very annoying to play and be kicked cause you lose the current quest progress.

I can confirm it is not an Internet connection issue cause I can play other games or Internet activities without any cut or disconnection issues.

Thanks.

PD:

I have already tried all the step in this guide:

It seems to be the same problem reported in this other topic:

9 Likes

I have the same issue. Please help. It’s fking annoy.

5 Likes

Same here … I am tired of it and drained me of my will and hype to play. New World until it’s fixed, if it’s fixed.

6 Likes

Same here ;( DC every 10-30min

6 Likes

Hello, in my case game drop connection every 1-2 min, the issue was related to interaction between game and WiFi6, i switched router and network adapter to 802.11ac and got no more disconnections.

1 Like

Your connection has been interrupted…

OVER AND OVER AND OVER, what a joke!!

6 Likes

Same here,

i get disconnected within the first 30s everytime i enter a D2R game. D3 runs without a problem.

The solution to play D2R on the same PC is: connect via mobile phone.

Why is that working on the same PC? Before you tell me it’s gonna be my WiFi (its not a 6G router, it’s Wlan ac): Every other game runs online. 40/100 connection here…

3 Likes

I have exactly the same problem, everything work via mobile, but disconnected on wlan.
Port forwarding doesn’t help.

1 Like

I just tried two times to complete the same quest, but got disconnected after 15 minutes of playing, thus having to repeat the same playthrough. This is frustrating to say the least!

2 Likes

here same problem.
Not possible to play…
crash every 2-3 min…

4 Likes

Same here. I randomly lose connection while playing. Ive played earlier versions of D2 and never got DC’ed. It must be on Blizzards end in my opinion. I am playing on a bit of an older PC; but meet the minimum requirements. Come on blizzard, what is this?

1 Like

Same here - This is the 10th time this is happening - My internet is fine and at almost 100mbps actual speed. Get your stuff together Blizzard, or don’t force online stuff.

3 Likes

same issue here. i’m connected via ethernet. windows 10. random disconnects anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour for the last 2 or 3 days.

1 Like

I got the same issue too. I was always in mid game and when I return, my corpse will be in town and I’ll lost all my gold and rejuv potions which dropped on ground due to not enough inventory space when I died.
My frequency is about 30mins to an hour

1 Like

Same. Most often crashes when trying to move from act 4 to act 5

I found a solution that worked for me. Maybe it helps you, too.

1. Connection via WiFi (Fritzbox 7580 and FritzRepeater 3000) → Disconnect after 30s
  2. Connection via Mobile phone (WiFi) → runs perfectly fine
  3. Connection via cable (LAN) → runs perfectly fine
  4. Recheck: connection via WiFi (Fritzbox 7580 and FritzRepeater 3000) → Disconnect after 1 min
  5. Thinking…
  6. Unplugging the Repeater 3000
  7. Connection via WiFi (Fritzbox 7580, no repeater) → runs perfectly fine (although only crappy 2,4 GHz connection).

Have fun!

Same for me. I’ve got maybe 15 - 30 minutes before I get booted playing a solo server. Playing in a Lobby is way worse, and I have completely stopped trying. Please fix this issue.

2 Likes

Same issue here - appears to happen most frequently during peak periods (5-10pm). Starts with jittery lag and then the “jumps” get worse and then you just freeze (running on the spot) and then get d/c. Super annoying losing your quest/dungeon progress every f’n time.

To confirm it’s not me, I’ve run constant pings to both google and battle.net servers with zero packet loss the entire time and my internet is running at full speed throughout

I’ve also tested while logged into my wow characters at the same time and only D2:R gets d/c’d while my wow toons stay connected without issue.

Have tried all the generic troubleshooting options (reinstall the game, updated drivers, etc. etc.) it’s definitely not my PC or internet/ISP issue…

This is still happening on a brand new gaming PC that we picked up yesterday even though the internet company says there are no issues and everything else works perfectly. But we get booted from D2 at least a couple times an hour.

Having the same issue. Seems to be at random. some days it’s fine, other days, it’s literally unplayable. Still no word from a Blue on a real fix for this? Almost like all their other games, seems like an underestimation on server workload.

:frowning: