Diablo Clone system need to be re-worked

Never. Standard of heroes is trash. SOJ isn’t. Clone spawn on investing trash would make anni trash.
Keys and torches don’t need any additional connection to another worthy item. Btw anyways anni gets cheaper and cheaper over time until it’s not perfect. Very bad idea to try to shorten this.

1 Like

If you read the whole comment i made youll see that i am saying

if you still dont get it ill spell it out fot ya,

Let’s say you need to cube something along this lines

3 x standard of heroes
1 x sjo
1 x TP book
= Item that you can smash at the hell forge to spawn him in that game.

This way sjo’s will keep there relevance in the trading market more or less, standard of heroes finally gets a use, hell forge becomes a more relevant part of the game, i would also think that everyone from casuals farming keys and hardcore players playing 4-5h a day would benefit in form of prices on mats and or getting that perfect anni.

The ways of old existed for reasons which hopefully no longer exist - duping etc. The exact ingredients to pop Diabloclone if a tricky thing to nuance, i quite like this suggestion. Having to download some IP hack programme which doesnt come from Blizz is not for me, and i wont ever be doing that.

Perhaps the suggestion isnt perfect but its better than todays truth.

Even if it was 3x SoJ and a standard of heroes cubed or whatever, only one person would get the Anni so it would be reasonable. Something has to give.

You never had to “download some IP hack programme” to go clone hunting.
You just needed to know which IP would be “hot”.
And you can check that with the command in Windows.
Then you simply started games until you got the right IP.
No programs needed.

Yes, it was very elite. Nonetheless it was fun. Now everyone is just begging for everything to be free.

I’m open to new forms of spawning the dia clone, because the times have changed and people should all get the option to see the clone. But stop telling lies just because you havent been a part of something or because you dont know how something works.

1 Like

You do realize the range of hot IPs differ from original D2 Lod. When people organize a Clone run today, you need to be lucky to get on the right server within 3 or 4 hours.
Back in the day i just created around 30 games and stayed in the game over the night and killed the clone the next day. That’s not possible anymore. You need to create more like 200 games and the server cap out really quickly. Also game creation timer is a mess. Blocking the wrong servers increases the chances to join the right server intime by a lot. So you actually need a 3rd party tool or be extremely lucky.

1 Like

Thats just what I was saying. And I was talking about that time. I created games until I got on the right server, then the char iddled there until diablo walked the earth. Next time I got on, the earth was shaking, I took wp1 in a5 and killed him.
Most important back then was to know which server would be hot. There was a icq-channel if I remember right :wink:

Today its something completely different, I agree.

But the way they talked about it, they will change something. They knew about the problem when they were talking with MrLLama.

I hope there will be some solution coming up when they test 2.4 on the ptr.

Yes, and it’s pretty important what you say here: Today its something completely different, I agree.

Because back then all of us who were not selling soj, had access to server ip information and could find a game where Wild Diablo would spawn.

Today the groups that spawn Diablo keep it very hush hush. They don’t tell anyone and surely not tell what server it is on. They do this to sit on the Anni market, and earn many many high runes, harrvesting 7 or 8 Annis from their 7 or 8 accounts, every time they arrange a SoJ sell.

So this leaves Wild Diablo out of reach for the regular player. Both by the game design, but also by the players who keep it to themselves.

2 Likes

Wrong. They do it because the server capacity is limited. Even if you are in one of these groups there is no garantuee that you get an anni yourself. It’s just way to difficult to get into the right server cluster.

That’s why you usually buy yourself into a community with 2 or more soj’s. You get access to multiple runs after that.

There isn’t a bad intent behind the reasoning.

That does not take away the fact the current way it is implemented sucks, makes it unavailable to many and really does need a change. Let the market take care of itself and find another item to be the rarest or most sought after or highly valuable. :slight_smile: Not a good reason to keep something in that was badly implemented in the first place and rewarded dupers that had way too many soj’s.

I never supported the current system. And i also don’t support misinformation based on envy.

1 Soj = 1 anni is a reasonable price, as it involves a singificant kill. Isnt it?

At least Anni worth 5$ now, u’d better buy it coz u’ll never find it, thanks blizz !!

By my point of view it could remain, but it should be triggered by any legendary ring sold. It is still quite rare to drop legendary ring. But even casual players will be able to sell some rings without hesitation that they lose tons of value. So it will appear time by time without special 3rd party tools. Yes it will reduce the prices of anni. But it will bring anni to people not to special freaks, who has many accounts and are in organizations.