Diablo Clone system need to be re-worked

As almost everybody knows Diablo clone was created to sort of get rid off all the duped SOJ’s from the times when they were used as currency, and back then this diablo clone system was understandable, and also very managable to spawn him regulary. On old battlenet thanks to bots, diablo clone still would spawn almost all the time.

But now we have new servers, that are separated to even smaller sub-servers so chance for Diablo Clone to spawn, without some big person to organise spawning him(like some Twich dudes do) is close to 0, or not possible at all.

Since SOJ’s are no-longer in game currency, not only that, they are now one of the rarest rings to find game, and one of the most wanted rings to use, finding 1200+ people willing to sell them regulalry on EVERY SINGLE sub-server is undoable.
There need to be solution for this, either reduce amount of SOJ’s needed for DC to spawn, or create totally diffrent item that is required to spawn him, just like with Pandemonium Event. There is no longer need to reduce amount of SOJ’s ingame to keep using them to spawn him.

12 Likes

Maybe selling 2-3 SoJ to trigger dclone spawn in own game would be fair enough. Or new cube receipe: 3x3 keys + SoJ to spawn dclone.

6 Likes

I agree the selling SOJ thing is dumb and is reserved only for the organised groups of botters, dupers (apparently this is a thing again now?) and real money traders. It made some sense in the past but only because of dupes, which should not exist in the modern environment.

They should just make it a random rare event that has nothing to do with SOJs, because for most players who experienced it in the past that’s how it was.

The world event is working perfectly, there are lots of oganised groups making walks everyday, they involve a group of around 60 players that will provide 2 soj each. If you want to get your own soj, you must make the effort to find a group or make your own group and invest your wealth gained ingame to get your anni.

I’d rather spawn it for 2 soj alone then use this severely outdated mechanic. If they want to keep the group aspect of spawning DClone they should find away to ditch the IP crap, it’s so damn annoying especially in a group.

4 Likes

I agree. Having to sell a very particular, and now extremely rare, ring is dumb. Before sure. but now we dont have a store where you can buy them like you could before, but even back then you could just buy an anni instead. If you need some type of 3rd party software to get to a certain location, or server, in order to gain access to killing the diablo clone, then why not allow bots back in the game, since those are also third party software. The chance of a D clone spawning randomly in a game is non. literally impossible. You have to find a group (3rd party), thats doing it, then use some type of app (third party) to find a server, then somehow magically change to that server (most likely through a third party) to get to it. All im saying is, if you cant achieve it in game without the help of hundreds of other people or third party apps, then take it out or make it possible.

1 Like

It’s what happens when the team redoing something doesn’t talk to the team who originally did it, hence dealing with queues and game creation limitation bull. They can’t fix the problems ( yet ) that the original team fixed decades ago.

That sounds romantic, however we both know there is more to it than just that.

change the SoJ for Standard of Heroes, its easier to get on… done

6 Likes

all this game activities are about brain-less stupid luck.
what about if Diablo clone can be spawn more easily but would be a very hard to beat monster?

Completely agree with TS, it is simply impossible to get anni for those who can play only at certain time

clone system is totaly fucked, i play since start and 4 h/day or more, i never seen world event , because its spoted by closed community how payed soj or real money to know IP before others…

move ur ass blizz and rework that !

1 Like

not really. there are serious walks, but there are also a lot of scam walks, where the walker already got plenty of games after he releases the ip. the event must work in a way, where you dont have to trust another person who could get really rich if he uses dirty tricks.

There has to be SOME change in some way, i totally agree.
Using 3rd party tool to track ip, block certain other ips in firewall and then retrying login to hope get on that specific ip, just for the sake of turning 1-2 sojs into an annihilus, SIMPLY CANT BE RIGHT !
The minimum change i would expect is a way to have all participants of that dclone event to log onto the same ip with just one click.
But i think there might be even better solutions than this.
I hope we will see a change here in a future patch

The better solution frankly is to just make anni a rare ubers drop, and get rid of the whole ridiculous (was always ridiculous) event.

No thanks I like the event.

lol. then tell why they should not change it. the event is garbage right now if you are not the walk director.

Better swap back to D3. There you get your “brainless stupid” grinds. Spending time getting well planned effort… D2 would have died out 10 years ago this way and nobody would have asked for a “resurrect”.

Anni isn’t a really requirement. But a great empowerment. Such things need to be EARNED, not donated. Or the whole game gets unimportant.

If they changed something, then the IP-based spawn that some people are abusing easily checking the game IPs.
Anyways… it must be somewhere between exchanging one SOJ at any NPC against anni or spawning a clone manually by 1 game master every year. Extreme opinions are crashing a game. And D2 stayed alive 12 years without any changes.

However it works, in “pro trading forums” we can see that the amount of available annis is raising, price is dropping. So the “spawn rate” may not be a fail. A fail would be acting as the short-term-players cry for. D3… a total fail for real D2-system fans. A “crashed” loot system that still eats lifetime.

i absolutely agree, i have played way beyond average playtime since release and i have not seen a walk, and i refuse to download any 3d party software and so on to be a part of one.

We have a item in game that is perfect to use spawning a dclone, Standard of Heroes drops after you have killed the uber bosses and as of now the item literary dont have any use - it would be a natural progression to cube or use this item in some way to spawn a Dclone.

2 Likes