Diablo II: Resurrected - Let's start D2R in Legacy Mode

Dear Diablo Team,

It’s great to have ‘g’ key to switch over D2R to a legacy mode, as this offers users a chance to experience origianl graphics.

I just would like to suggest one thing around that function for some people like me who still do like dot graphics.

The problem is old D2 battle.net is contaninated by bots and all D2 users seem to be migrating to new D2R servers.

In such circumstances, it would be great to have an option to start the game in legacy mode. As sometimes I’d want to play in new battle.net servers on my old computers.

If legacy code is built for all in-game contents already, enabling this option for D2R would expand the D2 worlds, also give users like me a chance to play D2R on old computers.

So please think of this option for users like me…
Thank you

27 Likes

I also would like this option very much!

2 Likes

This would be perfect.

1 Like

Would definitely like to enjoy Diablo 2 Resurrected on my old computers/laptops. Everything is there, certainly, so it’s just a matter of wanting to do it, as opposed to an actual issue with having it.

1 Like

I would like that too

1 Like

This needs bump up and more comments.
Is it possible to start legacy mode with command line in bnet app?

Yes please… 100% approving this,

yes please I want to be able to play on old laptop

I do not know what nonsense you say if d2r is flooded with bots and do nothing to remove them both in chat and in game, more videos that I have passed and do not do nothing, my friends since the game started with bot and without any ban this is very frustrating for people who play legit

1 Like

I concur, it would be great to be able to load directly into legacy mode. I have an older desktop that I can start a new character and play legacy mode without any problem, but then when I log back in to play that character again it crashes before loading, so I can’t even make it into the game to switch over to legacy.