Do not rate limit unsuccessful join game attemp

It is ok for me to accept the temporal hackfix porposed to deal with the db overload issue. It is very anoying for pindlesky and nila runs but i prefer this over a general server overhelm while you fix the root issue. By the way, i porpose few ideas to helps on founding a less invasive solution here: Suggest: Recreate world button

Having said that. Please, do not activate rate limit when you attemp to join a game and the game does not exist or its full. That is specially anoying when you are in a serie of Baal runs and you try to join the next game but it does not exists jet. When this happend you should swallow a 45 seconds rate limit in the lobby, loosing your slot in the serie, facing a game is full message after 45 seconds which lead you to another 45 second rate limit leading to the end of your oportunity to level up and destroying your user experience so hard.

Kind regards

1 Like

I was coming here to say this exact thing. I understand why their temp fix is in place, but it shouldn’t trigger if you don’t actually join a game. I’ve faced the exact situation you described countless times and lost my spot in a series of runs. Then proceed to not get into any future ones because they are full and that triggers the lockout again.

1 Like

i know that this is not intentional, the rate limit is implemented at db layer and is a cooldown between petitions from the same client. Even a simple read operation on checking the game existance is enought to trigger the rate limit because the db has not bussiness logic to difference or knowing what happening with the information it provided.

Maybe a posible fix is to trigger rate limit only with write operations such saving your character when leave a game. I do not know if that is possible, but if it is it would do the trick smoothly.

Kind regards

Blizz, you can’t have 45sec limits in a game like Diablo 2. We rely on join/exit very fast for most things in the game, this is how the game is played. You can’t do this. this is soooo screwed up.

This is WORSE than server crashes because this is a new implemented thing that destroy the game as it has evolved into being played. You can’t force us to play the game the way you want it, cmon.

btw. arent you suppose to give the pplayer a message saying you’re banned for 45 sec before you can join a game rather than the Connection issue message which now is false?