Failed to authenticate, please try again

When i launch Diablo 2 ressurected it automatically goes to the offline characters. When i click on Online, it gives the error: Failed to authenticate, please try again.

What i tried to fix it:

• reset modem
  • check if battlenet account is online (it is)
  • re install game 2x
  • scan and repair a dozen times
  • run as administrator, no optimalisations when in fullscreen checked
  • switch server to ameria, asia and back to europe
  • turn of firewall/virusscanner

Nothing of it helped.

I got this error about 4 days ago. After that time i was able to play for a few hours in the evening and next day the error was back. Later that evening again i was able to play for a few hours. Then after the update on 27-9-2021 im getting this error every day. (last 2 days).

Please help

2 Likes

Hi there Stabillo!

Truly sorry for the issues you’re experiencing. It seems there are some steps on our Connection Troubleshooting article that you haven’t tried yet, like flushing your DNS. Can you please give that a go?

Alternatively, can you please try deleting your temporary Battle.net files following the instructions here and here?

Hi, thanks for responding.
I tried flushing my DNS a few days ago, didnt do anything.

Online works now again. What i see is that it works from like 18.00 untill 22.00 local time here in europe. Maybe it is server issues that during daytime the servers are overloaded (possibly because of asia). I dont have parental control on or anything and 1 day it did work during daytime.
Can it be a server thing? thanks again.

1 Like

Yesterday evening the game ran wonderfully on the PC for about 2 hours. Then suddenly I was removed from the game. I tried to log in again. No success. I got the error message “failed to authenticate - cannot connect to servers”. After further attempts I got into a queue. After reaching the end of the queue, the error message “failed to authenticate - cannot connect to servers” appeared again. I have tried everything from technical support. No success. I also don’t assume that the problem is on my side.
I would be very happy to get feedback from technical support.

4 Likes