Failed to initialize graphics card

After updating graphic drivers, it still does not load and looking through minimum requirements I surpass that.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
  • Operating System: Windows® 10
  • Processor: Intel® Core i3-3250/AMD FX-4350
    *** Video: Nvidia GT 660/AMD Radeon HD 7850**
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Storage: 30 GB
  • Internet: Broadband Internet connection
  • Resolution: 1280 x 720

RECOMMENDED SPECIFICATIONS
Video: Nvidia GT 1060/AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT

The stuff I got.
Win 10, AMD FX 8370, Nvidia Geforce GT 1030, 32GB RAM, 2+TB HDD, broadband, 1920x1080.
D2R forces a failure saying that my graphics card is too low, but it is clearly above specified minimum requirements, with almost at recommended specs.

I can play D3 without a problem but not D2R. D2 also no problem. Only this game is giving me issues.

2 Likes

Hello Ekke,

Make sure you download the drivers you need directly from the manufacturer, just in case you were trying to update it in Windows directly. You can also find details about this here:

hi

I am also experiencing this same problem.

I have 16gig ram with i7 processor and dedicated graphics card on my laptop.

I am unable to even launch the game due to the Initialize Graphic Card error.

Was this game even bug tested?

Diablo 2 works fine on any operating system even linux but the Ressurected game cant even run on a OP Gaming laptop… GG?

that is because you have 2 graphic card on the computer, the main graphic card and the generic integrated one on the motherboard.

just go in the device manager property, find the graphical card, then disable the integrated graphic .

ps: blizzard staff members are useless, they cant help you.

Same problem from october 7, cant play. Updates installed, d2r selected in invida control panel etc. And the funniest thing is that game still doesn’t work on 2 years old laptop, but runs okon 7y old PC with gforce970… Ar ok there Blizz?

We can try to see why you’re having issues running it Craby, please upload your laptops system files to pastebin.com and reply with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.

Quite often as Gnou points out it’s the failure of the dedicated GPU being picked over the integrated GPU which may not meet the system requirements (or may only “just” reach them).

Такая же проблема. Система лучше требуемой, но сбой идет