Game crashes on launch

Hi, tech supp team and fellow d2 gamers. I just got myself a copy of d2 and i cant play, game keeps crashing on a launch, with different error codes, I literally can see 1-2 of launching trailer and then it crashes on desktop. I tried every method mentioned in common solutions: reinstall BNet, and game itself, scan&rapair, nvidia drivers update, run as admin, checking compatibility mode (the only thing is that Windows sees the game as compatible with Windows 8 but it doesn’t work) etc etc… I just feel so sad ):
My PC stats are compatible and fit to the required minimum (MSI notebook).
Core i7 8th gen
Nvidia 1060M
win 10

Does anyone have a similar problem or any thought on how to resolve this?

I just feel disappointed. I anticipated so badly to play online with my friend on my only day off. Now I regret paying for two copies of the game that is impossible to play :frowning:

8 Likes

Hello, Craby!
I have the same problem … I start the game, the first two animations pass and when you click to connect to the servers it just throws you on the desktop and so for 14 hours. I made all the updates and recommendations like you, but with absolutely no effect.

2 Likes

feelsBadman ): support ticket i made unanswered as well ;/

1 Like

Yea they dont answer anything cuz they dont give a sht… its sad but true

1 Like

Is anything related to the game in the windows event viewer visible after the crash?

There is no processes after the crash.

I have the same, I can start the game once every 20 tries, it throws it to windows randomly, especially when using a portal scroll (using WP practically never)
increasing virtual memory did not help!

1 Like

Hello,

If you check the guide here there are many different steps to do. We ask you to please follow those you still haven’t tried yet.
Like closing the background apps with a selective startup and also the steps in the Advanced Troubleshooting section of the guide above.

If the problem persists please post here the exact error code or error message you are getting if any.

Hello!

Thank you, I tried everything written in the guide as well as closing the side apps etc. Every time my error code is different (here are the two examples: 1DFE46E8-92DB-4ABA-A9C8-0498BBD60BC9 and C9A06018-D8D7-4CE0-A8FE-DD106E98CB84). Screenshot below:

throws to windows without giving an error code.
thank you for the link, everything checked, the problem persists,
sometimes I can play without problems, and sometimes I can’t even start the game, there is a sound of the game, but the window hangs on the initial graphics (the wanderer at the door) and then goes to windows.
!!! Checked !!!
Offline everything works perfect!!!
This is sad! Technical support exeacly know reason but still trying pretend “dont know whats going on” btw server down again!!!

1 Like

Problem persists for me as well. Was playing just fine like 12 hours ago, random crash occured without any error code, cant launch the game properly since then.
Game starts until the character selection screen, freezes and is just closing.

Some information regarding this:

Desktop PC running Windows 10

Intel Core i7-9700k
32GB DDR4 RAM
RTX 3070

Fixes tried:
Search for corrupted game files
Reinstalled the game
Reinstalled the newest Geforce Game Ready Driver
Deactived every layout
Did a D2R clean start without any other programs in the background
Windows is up 2 date.

Edit: Another thing occuring: When I start the game the Bnet says D2R needs to be updated. After the crash of the game I can click the Update button for D2R, but it doesnt seem to actually load any files. Its just loading anything from 0-100 in just a second and then it states D2R is playable again. It occurs on every start of D2R.

Edit2: Tried Graphics Driver Rollback, game worked fine for like 5 minutes and then crashed again.

1 Like

where is tech support?

None of this bs is working. The problem comes from the game not from us. Fix this shit and get a grip. I’m tired of crashing every 2 or 3 runs.

If people have their Error codes we can narrow down the causes of the error for them.

For example, Craby’s Error is being caused because his Computer isn’t changing from his Internal GPU to his 1060. You’ll need to head into the NVIDIA Settings and make sure that for Diablo II: Resurrected the 1060 is selected as the GPU for it to use, manually setting this can fix the issue being caused by your internal GPU.

You may also need to do a Clean Install of your Graphics card drivers as a worst case scenario if this shouldn’t work.

As for everyone else in the thread, you may want to check that the correct GPU is selected for the game, but without the Error codes, we can’t make any more precise guesses as to why you’re crashing.

I used to have error codes, not anymore. It just crashes to desktop, for no reason. Sometimes during a run, sometimes in town. My computer is NOT the problem, as I’m playing a lot of games and have 0 problems whatshowever. An I7, 2070 RTX and 16 GB of rams should be enough to run this 20 year old remastered without any problems. My friends have the same issues.

Even your own game doesn’t understand why it crashes.

2 Likes

step 1 : what i have doing when i got crash and black screen or msg with graphic error or render blablabla …

• going to system config, deactivate the integrated chipset graphic.

step 2 : game work, but with so much freeze

• open task manager , process , right click on d2 process, make diablo2 process in high priority

game work fine, but i have to use the step 2 everytime i launch d2 … this game use sometime all the cpu…

The game crashes constantly, around 60-120 minute mark, temperatures are fine, seems to be everyone elses problem as well. I have a desktop PC with new RTX 3060 TI graphics card. I had to use in-game FPS 60 cap so that the graphics card doesn´t melt away since this game is so poorly optimized. temperatures hit almost 85c with fps unlimited. normally with any other game it´s around 65-70c. is this another Amazon MMO situation all over again?

I own a RTX 2070 and have no temp issues. Yet I’m still crashing, so as poorly optimised as the game is, the crashes don’t come from that.

Windows journal is the only one inting at something :

Nom de l’application défaillante D2R.exe, version : 1.0.527.0, horodatage : 0x61538a87
Nom du module défaillant : D2R.exe, version : 1.0.527.0, horodatage : 0x61538a87
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000015c483
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1bc0
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d7be0d360b1269
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Jeux\Diablo II Resurrected\D2R.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Jeux\Diablo II Resurrected\D2R.exe
ID de rapport : aca3ec8f-44c5-436e-86e5-c6213f493969
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

0xc0000005 is RAM related and my 16 GB are perfectly working on every single game. And games that are much more ressource heavy than D2R. It’s the game not us. I’m not the only one having this error.

2 Likes

hello im having the same problem my cpu is upto date with everything and it crashes once i hit the button to continue and when it connects to battle net it crashes, the game is so bad i spend 40 bucks on a game and cant play. Why is this game so bad

3 Likes