Help needed for newbie

I know this maybe is a stupid topic. I have played almost all the time alone in hell online. My necro is level 89 now.

But i have come at a point in the game that i notice that it is very hard to find better gear for my character.

When i read or watch online youtube movies they advice you to play in a large group online to find higher runes or better gear.

But i am wondering are there some kind of rules when you guys play online. What happens when for example a high rune drops or a good item. Can the guy who is closest to it just take it or do you trade it to one person or so ?

Is there any way to see when you join a group to see where they are at the moment if they are allready playing.

I joined a larger group a couple of times in the lobby last night but most of the time party members left quickly.

If its this annoying to play in larger groups I would almost wish that i could use the /players command online but this seems not possible.

THX for your tips or help !

No there are no “rules” it is a free for all, take waht you can, as fast as you can.
however there are some " etiqette " guide lines to follow, take a look at this vid from MRlama.

press “P” and party up whit the other players in game, then you will see where they are.

this is normal :wink: dont spend your time thinking about it.

i would look at the option to play offline, if you dont want to start over, downloade heroeditor, make your carracter and start in singel player where you left of in online.

hope this helps :smiley:

i had the same question.
I don’t understand why there’s no option to an individual loot mode, like in Diablo 3, for example. The option would be the choice of the host and would allow clear allocation of the loot.
Even if you play with friends the actual system of loot is annoying : it transforms games in discussions about who should have this super unique item… “ok, i’m the only sorceress so this item that gives fire bonus is for me, okay ?” “sorry but me, as an elemental druid, could use it too…” “ah, but you already have taken the last unique…” “and me ? and me ?” (the barbarian cry) :smiley:

because a lot of people play fast runs ( Bhaalrun, etc.) Run = fast = no time to talk or to interact with others.
"A lot of people " doesn’t mean “everbody”. I’m sure you can find people who just enjoy playing with others, and will enjoy taking their time, and having a good talk. But if your objective is to find better gear, would that help ?

They should improve the online play add better trading options. Better support for finding a good group for uber tristram or other runs.

Its either that or they should allow online players to use the /players command online also.

I don’t want to switch to offline again i want to play the uber tristram content also this is not possible in offline single player mode.

Add me play together. Ruyi 21832