How start D2R in Windowed mode (No border)?

How start D2R in Windowed mode (No border)?
Help pls.

You can try this - open your battle.net app. Next to the PLAY button, you have a gear wheel. Click on that and choose Game Settings. You should be able to see a small box with “Additional command line arguments” text next to it. Tick it and underneath it, a bar will show up where you can type -popupwindow (or just copypaste). Confirm by clicking on “Done” and try running a game.

If you have a fullscreen and change to window mode in the settings, you might still have borders. Restart the game and it should change to borderless.

3 Likes

doesn’t work, at least for me, i hope they patch this in someday…

1 Like

-w option works for me

1 Like

-w does not remove the border

1 Like

Tried this, sadly not working.

Hi all,

Unfortunately, D2R appears to have no support for a borderless window. However, I discovered an application on Steam, “Borderless Gaming” for $3.99 USD. It works on D2R as intended. The takes the windowed mode with border and expands it to borderless upon activation. I am using it on my Windows 11 Pro machine with D2R and now I can access other monitors seamlessly. I hope this helps…

Hey there,
Do you know if using an app for these kind of things (also apps for trapping the mouse cursor in the windowed version) are allowed by Blizzard?

[Alt + Enter]
Doesn’t go borderless but holding alt while pressing enter will enter windowed mode.
Doing it again returns to full screen.

1 Like

Thank you! This was the answer for me. now i can play full-screen borderless like I like.

I dont want to post outside links, but just google " GitHub borderless gaming"

Its free, and makes it windowless ( even makes D2R takes advantage of AMD’s RSR )