I broke my Amazon- by unintendly putting all my points in strength

seriously, this character attribute points dialog needs a accept and restore button. i’ve read this soooooooo many times here and in diablo2 classic. its just odd.
i can do you A1Q1 on each difficulty, but not strong enough for ToA.

3 Likes

There is no need in dialogs, we just need unlimited den of evil reset points.
Got quest? Take unlim reset points.

P.S.
Token of Absolution is a way, but to get it character must be able to farm hell bosses, it’s ridiculous!

3 Likes

well thats the challange i’m sorry.
I’m a person for (the good) changes but i’m not sure whether infinity resets is a way to go. there must be some cost.

2 Likes

it boosts social interaction to get a toa

Why? What does it serve to annoy players thus?

Can it be used by a low level character who is still in NM?

It does not have any lvl requirements, so yes it should.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the free respecs. It devalues and streamlines the leveling process. Back in the days you would play your build from lvl1 and have different experiences (with the same class) based on what you wanted to do.
Now you always do the same from 1-75 and then use one remaining free respec.

It wouldn’t hurt to have confirmation dialogues though. That’s a different aspect.

3 Likes

or crafting an item or a potion from all types of perfect gem, would give you a chance to respec?
but I am not also a fan of respecs, like doing paragon level reset? no.

That’s a problem, builds, builds and builds!
Because you don’t have easier way of respecs, there is no freedom for experiment.
You stick to most reliable build and just upgrade it, and ignore more diverse builds because it is less powerful.

Yeah d3 brought us more casual nobrain gameplay, but in d3 there is more freedom.
Tired of summons? - Use magic, etc

or, you know, accept the fact that your actions have consequences and that being distracted has negative effects

1 Like

Join online groups to help you with the rest of the difficulty and points to dex to lvl up and stack up on dex and hit rating with gear and charms

So your answer to a crap game design is to look OUTSIDE of the game for help rather than fixing the obvious?

Respec maybe with Akora or token?

Personally I wasted my normal respec on my sorceress by a missclick. I didn’t even know that there was an respec option until I saw it on another character.

yea i blew my first respec by shift clicking strength on my barb.

big F

I play Diablo 2 since 2000 in HC and never used respec. I think before 1.10 there was no respec. 3x respec is enough. If the game is still to hard for you, you can play diablo 3.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up.

I think this thought of bringing all the information inside a game is one that has led to a lot of degeneration. It’s not bad for a game to be so complex that there’s outside discussion and knowledge-bases.

Sure we could have more intel inside the game, like showing the faster cast breakpoints etc (PD2 does this), but when you want everything inside, inside can’t be very big :wink:

Just be more careful next time. It’s called learning

Sorry to hear about this, stefanle.

Hopefully some of the advice in this thread can help get you back on track again, and do take care in the future as mistakes like this can be pretty unforgiving.