I'm quitting D2R

I’m done with D2R. The server issues are just too much.
I dont want a refund or anything and I know that noone particularly cares, just writing this for myself.
I really dont care to hear Blizzard’s technical explanation about why the servers go down so often. I’m a customer and I’ve paid for a product that isnt up to standard. As simple as that.

77 Likes

You and me both . Sadly it was just a cash grab . Nothing more

28 Likes

Getting this way myself matey
Ill prob been banned again for calling the techs idiots so hey howwwww…

18 Likes

But you should, cuz its hilarious. They basicaly blame players that they behave as blizzard predicted based on 20 years of D2 experience.

16 Likes

I know this may be alot to ask as you probably dont even want to open the game again, but I’d like to ask if I could have yall’s runes, uniques, and or all manner of things?

I understand your decisions and respect that, I’m just an opportunist at heart :wink:

9 Likes

Can I get your HR‘s?

5 Likes

Eh, this is rather funny. Yes, there have been (or are) server problems, which Blizzard is working very hard to correct. They have given proper information (although late), and they are doing everything they can. The game itself is fine. There are no problems with it. Cashgrab? I think not. As with many games these days, there are server problems. If you want to save yourself from that in the future, wait 2 weeks before buying it.

You are getting exactly what you’ve paid for. a fantastic remaster of a fantastic game. I am pretty sure the server issues (today was already a lot better btw) wlil be fixed in a week or so, perhaps two.

Chill :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Clearly you have no idea about how development or testing work as this is a blatant lie. Working hard to correct? This stuff is found during performance testing they just chose to either release it anyway or didn’t even do any.
This is an awful cash grab and is riddled with bugs and awful UI.
It’s clear from a UX standpoint that they have not done any acceptance testing either as basically none of the things that is required for trading items in the game is present at all. The chat itself is even behind the trade window meaning you can’t even haggle without closing the trade window in order to do so, for example.
Further, not even their own platform, battle.net, is properly integrated for God’s sake.
Even though it is required to log in to the game it is literally impossible to message a friend playing on a different platform. And to really hammer down how much of a cash grab this really is they say they do not support cross platform playing BUT you can play your characters on your account on all platforms which means that there certainly was plenty of opportunity to make the game playable cross platform.
Except that would mean you would not be forced to buy the game again for the platform you wish to play with your friends on.
It is true that D2 is a fantastic game but PoD does so much better than this remake and it’s done by fans, not a multi billion dollar corporation and it’s not riddled with this plethora of mistakes or laziness.
This remake is a joke and that joke on us, the players.
Including you.

12 Likes

I know it’s hard to imagine playing the game without being carried through all the content but single player has zero connection or roll back issues.
The game itself works perfectly well.

1 Like

You do realize? Single-player is where all the editing game files happens?

1 Like

This comment makes no sense. File editing? Do you mean people editing their own characters?

This entitled, backseat-developer behaviour someone in this thread has is really cringeworthy. I invite everyone to create a server- and database-architecture for a 20 year old game, while retaining original game code, which also does not struggle with hundreds of thousands of players creating 20s pindle- and travincal-runs.

Just stop…

They even ADVERTISED THE GAME with saying “unlimited pinde runs” !!
They KNEW and EXPECTED it to happen when they removed the limitations of game creation…
It’s unprofessional of such a big company to get rolled over by server issues even when EXPECTING the problem to happen…

We all know that issues can occur on launches, it’s understandable… but we are talking a triple A company with billions of dollars in revenue and they can’t even keep servers stable?
Maybe don’t remove limitations and advertise with unlimited pindle runs then -.- just saying…

11 Likes

It’s a shame.
I personally won’t stop playing, but one of my IRL mates said the same as you the other day:/

I quitted online at least for now and moved to offline for now, but yeah server issues should not happen in a company that made 8 billion dollars ( not sure either last year or last 4 months not sure) but either way they have the money , also their employyes are minimum wage so its not that bonuses are flying around they are just greedy , maybe not blizzard its activision ,i dont know why we are saying blizzard anymore , who left there from old days anymore

So? how does that affect me?
What are you trying to tell us with this post?

Imagine if every person who quits, makes a forum topic about it.

Almost as interesting as grocery lists.

1 Like

Don’t you dare mocking my grocery lists dude, they’re of the highest quality and belong in a museum

Can I have your stuff?

1 Like

Intresting enough for ya as you reading it, even posting a comment

1 Like