Iron Maiden Necro

Hey there,

From what I can remember, iron maiden/golem combo was pretty good back in the days until Summoner took over with 10+ Skill Items.
I started a fresh iron maiden necro and put some points in iron maiden. But unfortunately the enemies take ZERO damage from themselves. I m at 250% damage reflect right now - I know its only a few points, but shouldn’t this be enough for Radaments sewers?
Of course I will put more points in iron maiden, but shouldn’t 250% do at least SOME damage to hurt a lousy skelleton archer? Instead, enemies only take damage from my Golem and getting healed over time.

Was it like this in D2 Vanilla? I can’t remember such a rough start with iron maiden back in the days…

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed too when I discovered that the combo Iron Maiden + Blood Golem was patched, but that happened with the vanilla patch 1.04, released between august and december 2000, or with the 1.07, if I remember correctly, released something like at the end of june 2001, later I’m almost sure that the combo was surely patched. By now the damage reflected by monster under the Iron Maiden curse is not considered damage dealt by the Blood Golem, so there is no healing effect from it, anyway, Iron Maiden works only with melee attacks and doesn’t work with ranged weapons, darts, arrows, or projectiles of spells, etc.

I discovered that it was fixed many years later because the patches weren’t delivered as fast as now :slight_smile:
(I spent years playing the game without knowing that there were patches for the game, well at the time internet wasn’t a common thing here and without a bit of search I’d still be playing version 1.0 right now :smiley: )

Blood Golem + IM was fine with 1.09. Blizzard gutted alot of specs with 1.10, sadly.

I did some further testing.
No chance. Enemies take ZERO damage. Ridiculous.
They totally broke iron maiden.
I m very disappointed right now :frowning: :weary:

Nothing is broken. Worked and works only in melee combat and return only physical damage

1 Like