Let players voutch!

@Blizz
It is obvious that sunder charms are the most controversial decision you have made about the game over the last 20 years. Basically you - the D2R development team - implemented that WITHOUT any open discussions with the community, just by fallowing some dumb opinions that the game is too complex for casual players that can not farm on hell difficulties “with ease”. JUST DO A SIMPLE, OPEN QUESTIONNARE about these sunders crap with two simple question and one option to choose:

1. Keep it in game
  2. Remove it from the game
    and DO WHAT THE COMMUNITY ASK YOU TO DO!!!
    Instead of implementing new ideas without picking up any reasonable and easy requests from the community.

You can just dont use them, why remove them ?
D2r is like a single player experiense online , farm parties often each farm diff areas they just party up for the plus players no drop feature. and the economy is kinda mess up either way with bots farming and sites that sell runes
Again just dont use them dont even pick them up and let other use them
Live and let live
Btw i think its nice they exist ,they might made some builds stronger but they were too strong either way but now other builds are viable. not meta only viable
And lets not kid ourselves once you reach a lvl amount of gear not even end game gear the game is easy enough, sunder charms didnt change much imo

2 Likes

Why not introduce hero editors for online then? Live and let live …
You don’t have to use the hero editor do you? Or let people dupe it doesn’t affect you at all does it?
Or let people scam other players accounts it doesn’t affect you does it?

Why don’t you just play offline where you can play by your own rules? Online is meant to be a shared experience. So by adding extremely unbalanced charms into the online game they kinda ruin the SHARED experience for a lot of people.

You play softcore right?

If you mean i dont play hardcore yeah i dont
I am happy sunder charms exist because sad ppl like you cant handle how the game is changing and no matter how unpolite you are to others or how loud you can be and tried to be at launch of the game believing the game wont be touched. now you eat your words and your dreams are shattered.
I doupt this will go through you but there is a diffeferense between the option of using sunder charm or a terror zone and the option of hero editors or duping. If you think your counter point to my point is valid then its like arguing with a flat earther
Also we are not talking about my own rule here …sunder is in the game by dev rules and i dont want to see it gone because of you Karens

1 Like

Where am i unpolite? You are projecting a little bit aren’t you?

They aren’t. I move on when the game changes and ‘evolves’ into one of those trash dumbed down just right click and kill them all hack and slay games.

Yeah i see you are the polite person here calling me a flat earther xD.
Now explain how it’s different for everyone. Why does a hacked character of another person bother you? Your argument literally says: ’

You don’t even know what you are talking about that’s why i used an extreme example to show you how dumb your argument is. The game got easier by a big margin for EVERYONE. Those charms effectively removed the only difficulty of hell and thus made HARDCORE a joke. You can’t tell because you already play ‘EASY MODE’ so yeah your opinion doesn’t yield much value when we talk about game balance.

Sunder charms are a so called ‘experiment’ even by the devs themselves. That’s why a lot of people don’t like them. There was zero tougth and way to little testing before they added them into the game.
That’s also why the OP want’s them gone.

I am not gonna continue this with you , i am experienced enough to see through for 2 reasons
1 you say you moved on then you are here in the forums for some reason , when someone moves on he moves on , you still play the game but you either afraid to admit its getting better cause you kept telling yourself its a masterpiece that dont need change. maybe you dont like every single thing thats normal but you like most. and say its a silly hack and slash game but prove me wrong that with infinity resistances didnt matter b4
2 You only assume ppl dont like it , truth is people play the game more after last patch streamers love it , i have seen positive feedback , seen positive things on streamers chat and a small minority dont like them for one reason , because most of them are closed groups of ppl who farmed like hell and tried to control the economy getting advantage of people with no connections. Ppl take advantage of a new player who is desparate for a infinity or an enigma and its not a good experience if he doesnt have friends. Sunder charms balance that

Anyway have fun whatever game you are playing and if you are really moved on let us who still play the game voice heard . why force a change on a game you dont play

Read this quote!
Please turn on your brain for once. This patch is live for a few weeks now. I will move on when i stop enjoying the game. As for now these charms are awful but they are only in season. I played this season i finished this season after 3 days on hardcore.

This patch will hopefully not be part of the game afterwards that’s the hole point of this thread but yeah you kinda didn’t read it did you?

Stop talking for me. I am not against change. I am against dumb changes that went through no testing at all and where implemented in last minute, buffing the already strongest builds instead of making weak builds viable or quality of life changes they promised like more Stash or better Trading options or better lobbies.

Short term changes are nearly always interesting, but furthering the cap between strong builds and weak builds is a dumb idea. 90% of players played cold sorc this season as their first character and now guess why. These charms are just badly implemented there are far better ways to improve weak builds. They could focus more on physical builds especially early on before they have crazy items like Grief.

Infinity is an ultra endgame item and no it didn’t break high immunes either. Also the damage difference is far different when you go from -120 resistance breaking it with bis gear instead of -95. It’s a huge damage increase for builds that didn’t need them

Stick to softcore you know nothing about the game. That’s the problem with people like you. You know nothing but you keep talking like you did

And maybe try to read US forums. These charms are highly controversal. There are many people who don’t like them. Why introduce something that splits the community apart. That’s just dumb. When they could add things that everybody likes.

my vote goes to 1. Keep it in game

Sunder charms and terrorized zones are best thing that happened in D2 after it’s launch. it gives purpose to those unplayed zones and gives lots of variation to casual players. first time in years I really had fun time to play, cos I didn’t have to worry so much of those immunities.

3 Likes

This is exactly why the threat is called “let players voutch”…
i dont want this kind of discussion to continued - you may think sunders are a good change because of XYZ, others think completely the opposite, and both parties have their points.
But at the end online is all about shared experience and as long as changes are appreciate for “most” i will accept them even if i dont agree - this is how civilized people behave. There is no need to offend other or to be unpolite.
The only problem i have right now is that Sunders were introduced without such a request from the community, without up-front communication and without confirmation that this is the good way to change the in-game balance.
What i’m asking for is to do a general questionare - once people are familiar with these sunders after season 2 ends - whether keep them or not, that is all. I’m not asking about any elaboration why to do this or that, just a simple indicator “yes” or “not” based on a general experience of “most” of the players. I’m just asking blizzard to start “listen” the community instead of doing changes as they one-sided see them. “Live and let live” does not mean you need to take whatever live gives you and be completely passive about any changes, as if that would be always the case then most likely we would be all ruleded by a mustashe dude screaming on everyone around and doing whatever he wants because nobody reacts when they should - in fact you should actively support initiatives that are good for most people around you - this is how democracy works and this is what i ask for → let pleyers choose what to change, as they (we) paid for the game.

I dont know if i agree with you m8, while listening to feedback is a must for all companies , they also must take decisions alone. If they would really listen to the community the game would either never change or completely changed based on who answers at times. Also consider that they also have a plan on changes they want to make, we might not know but i am pretty sure they have plans on changes that might happen in a year . We play the current state , prob a team already code next big patch , and another team think of the patch after the next one.
Also the diablo 2 community are pretty negative on changes in general and the ppl who are negative are too loud , i do believe the no change community is the minority because any questionnaire i saw out there either official or reddit or from a streamer/youtuber …ppl want changes like nerfing hammerdin or currency tab , or even charm inventory and when those things are asked here they get hate from ppl hating any change
I also disagree on shared experience , you play with friends or alone , noone likes randoms or at least most dont. The only shared is the economy and yeah that need shaking it might come a day when ber or jah lose some value thats fine with me.
Anyway i told it b4 they should make a mode d2r and d2r plus. D2r is the same as it was released , and d2r plus is all the changes . You can convert if you want . Some say dont split the community. but to my eyes its a closed community . Like anni b4 change only small groups of ppl controlled them once it was public it lost value and became more user friendly. You still had to have a character build to solo Diablo and be online. But if you talk with one who were getting high runes for annis and now he is begging to find someone he is hating the change .

Sorry m8, but you took it too direct:

1. I’m not agains any ideas coming out of blizz by their own decisions - just dont agree on the approach that does not allow the community to impact these changes (before you tell me - we had a PTR → no bro, sunders were delayed there and in general it is just to small sample to makie it count, as per my second point below. PTR’s are more like technical tests to see if the game is not bugged from a technical point of view - not playstyle experience)
  2. I dont consider just a small group a “representative” call
    Blizz knows how many active players they have so any unique vouching mechanic implemented via the BN client could give them a very good understanding of how changes are considered by the community - also by looking at how many ppl actually cared to vouch. I’m not telling to accept all demends of just 5% of players base which actually cared to vouch because they are pissed of (like anni hunters), but if 70% of active players vouch (or any ratio >50%) and 60% of them are “agains” then i think the latest change is “not appreciated”. The same way it works in a democracy.
    This is why i would most appreciate such a vouching to take place at the end of every season - maybe to start even in the mid of a season - so everyone who wanted to test the new options had enought time to do that - and then either delete it or move it to the next season/nonladder.

Only one that didnt ask the community was you.

Is your belief the community dont want charms because of a poll or something? Did you ask hundreds of thousands of gamers?

He is literally asking them to ask xD. Do you want to make a poll if a poll is wanted?

Adding immunities in the game was a mistake from the beginning and it arbitrarily restricted content based on your build. It didn’t make things harder (cuz you could just skip the monsters), it just made them frustrating.

If you think that one single charm broke the game then you are just wrong, I’m sorry to say it.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for sundering charms my whole life. Now i can finally play the game without avoiding half of monsters. I hope they are not removing them!