Lost lvl 88 HC character due to server crash

Hey Blizzard! Yesterday (like many days before) I experienced a lot of connection issues due to your problems with the servers (no, its not my internet connection). Like I usually do, I stopped playing and waited for the problems to be resolved. To my shock, while logging in today, I noticed that my level 88 hardcore character is dead and it wasn’t even in any danger of dying while being played. I guess my demise was that the servers crashed while i was playing and I was not in town, so some random mob killed dozens of hours of my effort while I wasn’t even aware of it. Of course your are not going to bring my character back because it is not your policy to take responsibility for your own mistakes and I as a player should be punished for your server issues - that’s obvious. I just wanted to share this story to warn other hardcore players that it might happen to you just as it happened to me, and you are not going to get any support after that. You just have to deal with it. I have to say that while others voiced their displease with the state of the game I remained positive (even despite of obvious technical issues with the game from day 1) but now i think i lost patience. This is simply unacceptable for the players to lose hundred hours of progress because of YOUR mistakes that you don’t take responsibility for. Have a good one Blizzard.

41 Likes

Well, same story since 20 years. Its a well known issue that the character stays an xx amount of time ingame on a disconnect.

Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes you die =/ ive expierenced that if your D2R crashes, the char is immediatly logged out. Dunno why this cant be done on disconnects.

1 Like

So glad I didn’t go all-in on hardcore as Im used to. I knew issues like this would happen.

I even died two times over the last two days due to client crashes in softcore. Not being in any immediate danger when crash happens = dead when relogging.

Well, i think there needs to be certain circumstances. I play hardcore too, got many disconnects/crashes over the last days, but never riped, thank god.

The circumstances are going to present themselves, I assure you. I’ve also had many disconnects / crashes prior to this one and I was lucky until now, just as you are for now. The problem is that with constant problems and disconnects happening every day the chances are simply too high for something bad to happen.

1 Like

Well, thats true. But SC is no option for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Servers are way to unstable to play HC. I figured there would be some issues at launch and stayed away for HC.
Hopefully issues should be gone once Ladder starts since i too do indend to play HC once everything is stable (If it ever is)

I only see diablo2 / R in hardcore mode, if Blizzard doesn’t fix things immediately I’m afraid I will definitely abandon this production company

1 Like

Atleast it was monster that ruined your character. I got it wiped by blizzard.

RIP!
I used to HC back in the day, but no way I cba with random d/c deaths these days. Maybe once (if!?) the servers settle a bit

call to bank and chargeback the money of game, i dont pay for this shit

1 Like

I would just not play HC until they fix the servers
It’s been like this since RELEASE.

Played hc since launch, never died because of crash or other issues.
Even if i would, that is the risk you accept when you create HC character, if you get killed by bug, crash, dc, you have accepted it when you create character.
If you can’t tolerate it, softcore.

5 Likes

How about no how about game failed design shouldnt be counted toward hardcore.

Apparently, they don’t care enough, it wasn’t super difficult to implement a pull-off on disconnect logic.

That’s unfortunate and all but when you decided to play a HC character online you really were thinking that this couldn’t happen? This game is so old and it comes with the territory.

1 Like

I would refund but I guess it’s too late.
HC is not playable and it will not be, it’s not going to be fixed… IN D2R, unlike D2, if you LD you stay in game, you can get killed in a1 hell by a random pack that will kill you in 30s or so.
Again it’s not the same as it was 20 years ago, I leveled countless HC toons, including up to 99, if you knew what you were doing, and had enough gear, the chance of dying was very small, almost non existant, but in D2R it’s russian roulette, you can die without being in danger, you will eventually LD and your character will be afk among mobs.
Hate me for saying it, but it’s not going away.
Also, hello to all the softcore players who read these posts and feel like sharing their vast knowledge.

You should take responsibility for your mistake as well. The only mistake I see blizzard making was allowing hardcore to be playable in its current state before they fix all the bugs and server issues much like they want to do for seasonal ladder play.

oof

oofisworthmorethanjustthreecharacters

i was playing softcore.

al my chars was deleted after crash.

so u dont have to do anything, blizz will delete all your chars at some point, whitout the possibility to get them back