Microsoft bought Activision Blizzard

Good news for Diablo 4 :wink:

4 Likes

maybe thanks to Microsoft they will put this monument on its feet more efficiently and faster personal loot, efficient drop, non-dying characters on HC due to disconnection. And yes, for sure it’s good news for D4 greetings and have a nice night: D (all written without sarcasm) yes for people during 20 years back - not every d2 player has patience for 10,000 baal runes, not everyone cheats with bots and trades in these bot booty.

1 Like

Apparently, the Microsoft that you know is not the Microsoft that I know.

1 Like

It is only good if they made it like d2r. It will be garbage if same d3

2 Likes

let’s be honest, Microsoft allover it is OK. we all using Windows right? And games launched by Microsoft last period are a success,e.g. Flight SImulator, Forza Horizon 5…
and anyway, for sure they have some spare servers… both D2R and D3 had and have huge issues due to servers.

Ich hoffe, dass es von Microsoft endlich funktionierende Server geben wird. Im Moment geht mal wieder nichts :frowning:

Also they managed to publish the best remaster out there, AoE2-DE. Can’t say the same about Activision Blizzard.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that we maybe will get real servers and support

1 Like

Wow, what a flood of hope. But wasn’t that just an OFFER by now, away from having already bought the company?
And btw… I’d say Microsoft wants to earn that money back. “Good” concept for them is abonnement of Office365.

For sure, they’ll find ways to “offer” us “better” abonnement systems.

They hopefully will hear the thoughts of the old staff to not crap games changing them into casual player needs.

OMFG. Something I can agree on with Danutz. This is a cold day in Hell!

This is the best news in the last decade to be trouthfull. Just from a gamers perspective what did Activision do in the past decade?? Realesed Diablo 3 witch is one of the worse games ever , a few wow expentions witch at this time allmost no one cares about , and a hoard of micro transactions that plague call of duty what has become from the best wargame to a microtransaction emulator.The realese of D2 resurected was made by Vicarious Visions btw witch Activision bought so that they could put there name tag on it , so even the original IP was passed to someone else becouse they where not capable of doing it.For conseoles they have a port of Diablo 3 on Play Station and Nintendo Switch and thats about it. On the other side whe have Microsoft more or less the same devil , diferent clothing , by that i mean (micro transactions) but at least they realese games evrey one to two years on both platforms (xbox and PC) and if the game sales well they even port it to PC , so thats a plus in my book. As for the workspace conduit on both sides whe all know the answer to that. Good ridence Booby Kodak dont let the door hit you on the way out. Im actualy happy about this transaction , and have no worry PC Ip’s will remain on PC , they could get ported over to Xbox but thats a good thing , the more the better , as for in production games like diablo 4 they cannot change the platform best they can do is realese it on both platforms.

2 Likes

Guess you did not play Forza Horizon 5 much… Cant even decide which game (FH5 or D2:R) has had more severe server issues and bugs (and still has)

Finally thats the chance for the diablo, minesweeper crossover.

For a while now Activsion Blizzard games are somewhat in stalemate hopefully Microsoft brings some good changes to this. Can go good, can go bad lets see whats happen.

battlepass incoming for diablo 4…

With Microsoft whe might actualy get a chance to revive some francises that are left for dead in Activisions dungeons . Starcraft , Lost Vikings , Warcraft (Rts game) , Heroes of the storm , evreyone is talking about Diablo only but there are many other good games in blizzards backyard that where left for dead becouse of Call Of duty witch btw is a worse game year after year. last Cod game i played was modern warfare 2 the ones after that became worse year after year.

1 Like

Microsoft bekommt genau so wenig auf die Reihe. Sieht man ja an Windows 11 … “Los kommt, wir bringen nach Windows 10 doch nochmal ein weiteres Betriebssystem auf den Markt, aber dieses Mal achten wir darauf, dass gefühlt alle Rechner die älter als 2 Jahre sind nicht kompatibel sind und man somit gezwungen ist seine Hardware aufzurüsten oder sich direkt nen neuen PC zu kaufen”

Selbst mein ehemaliger Rechner - welcher zum Zeitpunkt vom Windows 10 Release bereits 5 Jahre alt war - schaffte es mühelos von Windows 7 auf Windows 10 zu upgraden …

Jo richtig geiler Dick-Move Microschrott …

Windows 10 is still being supported by them. I don’t get why you need Windows 11 so badly.
Not supporting ‘older’ hardware has nothing to do with incompetence. It’s just a decision they made for whatever reason they have for example not being limited by hardware architecture limitations so they don’t have to care about downwards compability.

Atleast microsoft is usually fair towards their customers and you don’t have to pay so much for their products. Also XBox gamepass is a really nice to have.

I don’t expect Microsoft to “save” Diablo but I do expect them to do a better job than Activision Blizzard. I expect quite a few layoffs of upper management. Hopefully the grunts in the trenches get the respect and time to make a quality product.

Well it will all depend on what people Microsoft will bring in over time, if any. If the same people will keep setting the tone at the top as now, nothing will really change, since those people will bring no new ideas to the table as the ones they have been doing in the last ten years.

I just want them to give us Starcraft 3. Microsoft knows their RTS stuff. Just look at basically the best remaster in the industry: AoE 2. They followed it with AoE 4, which doesn’t reinvent the wheel but it’s definitely a progress in the right direction and following the recipe that guaranteed success: keeping most of the core gameplay elements of AoE2.