People are bugging the servers to dupe Items on d2!

Dont know about duping but if someone found a way to create server crashes leading to rollback, it could be use to “reroll” high end runewords until you get desired rolls.

Maybe even unidentified items could be identified then rolled back if they suck? Like torches?

i hope you are right, and if that maybe the dupers try different dupe methods? 4 outages in 3 days is a bit suspicious tho. Also if that is the case, Blizz should 100% track down the culprits and sue them to oblivion to set an example.

1 Like

kekw dupers get multiple runes real players lose 'em kekw

2 Likes

They don’t stop because actualy a Ber rune worth 400 box on the net …

1 Like

That’s odd because that’s not what’s happening.

Why didn’t Blizz make a legal marketplace on website instead of all those buggers… ^^

He is not right. I play only solo and got rollback more than week of progress, from farming endgame back to beginning of Hell, XP and all farmed items gone. And rollback didnt affected items in shared stash, so it would be highly inefficient.

Jah and Ber lost about 30% of their value on the black market today, just saying

4 Likes

Sure because they are duped like hell, just saying!

If this is true its actually really funny. Imagine someone buying a ber for 400, then the server is fcked for like 3 or 4 days and the price goes down to 200. He couldnt even use his ber plus its not even worth half as much as it used to xD

then maybe Blizzard FINALY make a statement and confirm this,

Cant be that hard figure out who crash the servers an ban them. or sue them. maybe beat them up .
3 days in a row server goes off is not funny. im not longer ready to take BS apologies from twitter.

One day, they really should adopt NFTs in Diablo II for every single item, gold piece and character.

2 Likes

This is just nonsense …

I got rolled back yesterday, lost one item and my cube for some weird reason

On twitter there are now also rumors that dupers are causing this and this is how it is claimed they work:

People are using bugs to dup runes and stuff. It triggers when you sell specific number of items to certain NPC. Say there are A and B, A trade the #30 rune to B, then B quit the game, A starts using the bug after the trade, then his charactor will ge rerolled, server down. fix.

Summing up, both A and B gets the runes, happy ending right? Yes, with the cost of the whole bunch of others unable to login and it ends up with the whole server down, like a blackout. Fix the bug may save your ass.

I don’t know if any of this is true, but rumours this is going on seem to intensify.

There is actually a fix for this problem, just save every character in a game whenever a player leaves.

2 Likes

OMG This are not rumors, it is the truth. The same was hapening 20 years ago!

Now if this is the case, shut the servers down, make a bluepost explaining the situation and assure us you are working on it. @ Blizzard

2 Likes

If this is true, the only way to prevent it would be to remove the “in-game” player to player trade. Of course, if an item is thrown out of inventory (throwing it down) it must be destroyed. Because this is how player to player trade is also done.

So yes, blizzard should implement the auction house system.

Sometimes I wish they would hire me and give me money. But such good advice is doomed to rot in forum corners.

2 Likes

NO NO NO! They just need to find where the bug on the server is, how they “kill” the server and fix it! And they must find it few times, cuz there will be more bugs like this, and after that it will be fixed! I can’t imagine how they will remove the duped items, but this is a nice beta before the ladder starts anyway.