People are bugging the servers to dupe Items on d2!

I will explain the exact technology for duping items. Some people realised weakness in the d2servers and exploit it to dupe items.
For example they search for a place or something - For example I sell 3 TPs in a roll to a specific NPC or I enter some place where there is a bug and server goes down. This cause the servers to drop. But after the server drop, the last game you played is rolled back!
So what are they doing - I have JAH rune. I give this JAH rune to another account - He is taking the JAH rune and SAVE AND EXIT THE GAME. AFTER THAT I EXPLOIT THAT BUG AND BUG THE SERVER. THE WHOLE REALM IS DOWN - THE ITEMS ARE ROLLED BACK. I STILL HAVE MY JAH RUNE, BECAUSE THE SERVERS WENT DOWN, BUT THE OTHER GUY HAVE JAH RUNE TOO, BECAUSE HE SAVED AND EXIT BEFORE THE SERVERS WENT DOWN!!!
BLIZZARD PLEASE FIX YOUR SERVERS. YOU ARE DESTROYING THAT GAME! THERE WILL BE OUTAGES EVERY DAY IF YOU DONT FIX THIS!!!

20 Likes

You do realize that the servers are rolled back?
You do realize that save&exit doesnt help, as rollback happens on timestamp and not action?

The ONLY reason this worked on vanilla, is because there were no server rollbacks and people forcibly crashed the game. The rollback was specifically implemented as a dupe prevention mechanism.

9 Likes

The rollback is exactly what I am telling you hapens !NO! THEY KNOW THE EXACT TIME THIS HAPENS AND FOUND A WAY AROUND. THERE IS NO WAY SERVER TO CRASH WITH NO PLAYERS PLAYING THE GAME UNLESS SOMEONE FORCEFULLY CRASH IT!

1 Like

Do you have proof of this? Or are you starting a conspiracy? Yelling doesn’t add credibility by the way.

17 Likes

If that worked, they would just throw it to shared stash as it seems to be not affected by rollbacks.

The dupe-procedure alone does work, But I don’t know if it works to forcefully crash the server, or more specifically the game instance running on it to ensure the character the item originates from is rolled back.

However, as soon as original and dupe appear in the same game, one of them will be removed. On the other hand, this mechanics doesn’t work for runewords. If one dupes a Jah and immediately makes an Enigma, the duped rune will stay forever.

The easiest way to fix this would be to save the characters state when the game instance goes down for whatever reason. But depending on how well coded the server-side is this can lead to permanent character corruption or other side effects.

Aside from that, there is no easy fix. The best way todo it, which would elimate any possibility of duping, would be to track every item even if it’s “used” (like socketed items and runes). This sounds easy, but it isn’t. Number one thing is the amount of data which has to be managed properly, and number two is making it work even if the duped items never appear on the same character/game/realm/server again.

2 Likes

The servers are down again - YOU MAKE YOUR CONCLUSIONS! THESE PEOPLE WILL DESTROY THE GAME WE WONT PLAY AGAIN! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

4 Likes

WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!
runs around the room waving hands franctically

22 Likes

No you will see very soon that until this is fixed and bug closed the servers will be down permanently!

1 Like

/me joins while hysterically screaming at Hapuga. “We’re doomed! God help us all!”

5 Likes

then why hasn’t my character been rolled back?
I played a lot this weekend. even experience a server crash
no roll back.

1 Like

My character was rolled back yesterday, -1 cows run. Although there were no rare items dropped some gems, exp and low runes disappeared.

I guess, if someone found how to crash servers he/she may dupe items easily. It was worked in old d2, when you can drop items in local multiplayer game then alt+f4.

I still don’t understand why there is no autosave?..

/joins doomsday party

HE IS RIGHT!!! THE END IS NIGH!!!

3 Likes

We did 3 torches yesterday, the 2nd one was rolled back (its gone). The third one is still there. Weird shit.

JAH JAH JAH JAH JAR JAR BLINKS beach

1 Like

I just played my little assasin from the crystak passage all way to Baal and eventually finishd act 5 in normal … guess what I have done this already 4 times and I’m sure when the servers are back i have to do it all over again … this sucks so hard :stuck_out_tongue:

Bliz have to fix it or you will not play diablo normally soon. The dupers didn’t brake the server in the 1st weeks because they didn’t know how to do it. Now when they know they will contunie doing it all the time, cuz lowlifes never know when to stop.

3 Likes

The dupers didn’t brake the server in the 1st weeks because they didn’t have what to dupe))

3 Likes

Pray tell ?

/10 chars

Do you suffer from mental illness of some sort?