Problem with Starting Diablo II

Hello,
Today, I opened ‘Diablo II: Resurrected’ for the first time. I was able to set the graphics options and watch the opening CG, but then the screen got stuck on the ‘Press any key to start’ interface, showing ‘Connecting to battle.net.’ After a while, it displayed ‘You have not logged in for 30 days. Please start the game during your online time to check if there are any updates to the login protocol.’ Then, it went back to the ‘Press any key to start’ interface, and this cycle repeated. Is there any solution to get the game started?

Hey there,

We cannot help with potential account license issues via the forums. You may need to put in a ticket if what I recommend does not solve the issue.

First it appears the 1st attempt at purchasing the game failed. The second attempt was successful but it may take upwards of 24 hours from the time of purchase for everything to clear up due to the failed first attempt.

If you attempted to install/access the game before the successful purchase complete it may not recognize you own the game.

So to solve that, we need to clear some cached data to get the app to re-authenticate you.

It may be enough to simply reset your password to Battle.net. Exit the Battle.net app and ensure it is not running. Reset your password via the website, then relaunch the app and try the game client again. It should recognize you have the license and authenticate.

If that doesn’t work then we need to clear the bad cookie from the system.

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %LOCALAPPDATA% and press enter.
  3. Navigate to Blizzard Entertainment\ClientSdk
  4. Delete Cookie.bin
  5. Empty the recycle bin.
  6. Relaunch the Desktop Application and Gameclient to connect and re-authenticate.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, then I recommend submitting a ticket with an msinfo attached for further investigation. (instructions for collecting that msinfo report will be on the form.)

Click your name at the top right of this page, click support, click contact support.

I have the same issue. Please help.

If nothing helped you. Then you can start the game without the battle.net app. It helped me.
There are two options:

via Settings:
Setting -App - General - by “ON GAME LAUNCH” choose : “Exit Battle.net completely”
without Countdown => Be careful, all games will then start
Close the battle.net app COMPLETELY and start the game directly ( File name: “D2R” please dont this File “Diablo II Resurrected Launcher”).

I also have the same problem. Please help
it also gives me this ID as a problem: 61A43FD0-65B4-4440-8FA8-67BC32BFC18A

Technical support will not help. First, they will offer to delete the folder (as in the message above).
Then they will ask you to send them the “MSINFO” file.
Then you will be asked to create an operating system account and reinstall the game through it.
Then you will be asked again for the “MSINFO” file. Then you will be prompted to delete the folder (as in the message above).
I haven’t been able to find a solution since March '22. After a certain time, the request to technical support is closed with the status “completed”.
The point is that even if you launch the game not through the launcher, but through the “D2” file from the game folder. The game client is trying to connect to the Battle.net network. Because all other games launch normally, but Diablo 2 does not. I conclude that the problem is with the authorization server. For some reason it ignores launcher requests. It may be due to some kind of software error, but the problem is definitely not on the user’s side.
In January, I completely updated my computer and reinstalled the operating system. I physically cannot have any “errors” or a software cache on the disk. But the problem with D2 remains.
Don’t waste your time and health. We were just unlucky to buy this game from Blizzard.