Recently purchased D2, can't play it though

I have a new pc and it has an Intel(R) HDU for a graphics card. The game runs and then stops after the beginning graphics play. Music plays but I have a blank screen except for the Diablo 2 logo on the bottom lefthand side. I used this method:

1. create a shortcut on your desktop that points to Diablo II.exe (wherever you have it installed)
  2. right click the shortcut and click “properties”
  3. in the target line box, behind the path to Diablo II.exe outside the quotes, add -w
  4. see this screenshot (link deleted per post requirement) this is what it should look like
  5. the game should now launch. launch the game and then in the main title menu click “battle.net” to connect to the online servers. It will update your game if not already updated.
  6. Download Jarcho/d2dx this and follow installation instructions. It will allow the game to use 3dfx and have better compatibility with windows, as well as increasing the framerate of the game.
  7. Now you can go back into your shortcut properties, remove the -w, and replace it with -3dfx.
  8. Play the game.

And it didn’t work. Do I need a better graphics card and, if so, what do you recommend? thanks