Scammer to watch out for (with pics)

Hi guys,

A couple of days ago I tried to sell an ethereal Stormlash (unicorn) and this guy entered my game saying that his in-game chat doesn’t work and whispering me to link the item there. I know linking items in whisp chat doesn’t work but I wanted to check it to be absolutely sure since I really wanted to make a sale. He then showed me that he could link items in whisp chat by pasting Chance Guards there (probably using a third party software). I didn’t mouse over it to see that the item card on his “link” didn’t show up, and intrigued (not being able to link in private chat bothered me for a while), wanted to check it for myself. I knew there was a possibility of a scam (he told me to shif+d, alt+d or crtl+d on my Stormlash) and moved away from him just in case but I didn’t take his movement speed into account (he uses a Paladin with Vigor to snatch items asap). He stole my Stormlash, taunted me a few times casting Holy Shield and left. I decided to lure him in with another item a few days later. Now, I have a sizable bank of high runes so I wasn’t all that rattled but I hate people like this with a passion so I posted an ad for a Death’s Web and waited for him to show up again. Sure enough he showed up yesterday night but saw my Sorceress (wearing plate armor and Griffons which is an uncommon look) and probably decided I would recognize him and left. People like that cannot help themselves apparenlty because he tried again today morning (indicating that this predatory behaviour is literally all he does on the server) and this time I got him to do his thing:

-He enters the game, saying he’s got Jah’s only (people want Ber’s more)
-He says his chat doesn’t work, proceeds to whisper to the person saying that he wants to see the item.
-He “shows” that it is possible for him to link in private chat by pasting a fake Chance Guards link
-Then he lists a few commands for you to “link” the item (shift+d, ctrl+d, alt+d) just to confuse more and steals (first command is false making a player try the second one which drops the item on the ground)

His account name: Onesnapper#2615 - please be aware. Links:

https://ibb.co/CtZttQ9
https://ibb.co/5cf6v3f

I’ve also sent a ticket with the screenshots to Blizz and fingers crossed, ith evidence, maybe they’ll ban the guy.

his name is onesnapper and he snapped your item?
what irony

1 Like

I ran into this guy (actually he joined my game). Same speech (About jahs), same procedure (linking Chance Guards into prv message). I was confused, but tried on crap item. He insta pick it up, but throw it after few seconds.