Stop asking for game changes

just leave the game alone, leave wow classic alone too, all the changes you guys do for the noobs is what makes your games bad. stop changing shit your making things worse and less fun for the rest of us which is most of your core players

33 Likes

What would be wrong if an real end-game is added to D2R? e.g. Greater Rifts with leaderboards like in D3.
What about if they add changes in an expansion(even paid), so those who not buy the expansion remain with original game play. You see, I agree that you to have fun, you can stick with original, I agree with you and I want you to have fun. Why not you also allow those players who want to have fun by enjoying updates to the game to have fun? AGain, you can stick to original and not buy the updates ok? no harm to you man!

6 Likes

If you want a different game buy and play a different game. This is an remastered version of an old game. Btw. greater rifts in D3 are definetly no better as endgame as runs and optimizing your characters in D2.

11 Likes

look at d3 and wow as it is now, its a result of blizz doing whatever the noob consumer wants to make thier game watered down garbage. only things that ever should be considered added are cosmetic the rest of the changes will cause them to lose players 100%.

8 Likes

or you go back to old diablo 2 servers and let us get some changes. Point is, your argument can be taken both ways. you leave we stay or we leave and you stay. The game is not only yours, and everyone bought it with their own money. Everyone is then allowed to give their own opinion or ask for certain things if they want. So the “core players” that you speak of is actually a small % of total player base as majority are new or returning players. Your entitlement is not going to have any affect and I doubt most of the players would care what you want or have the right to.

8 Likes

At least the returning players I know did return because the game stayed the same and would leave if they changed stuff. So the only players asking for changes are new players that never played D2 before. And definitely not all of them.

11 Likes

Lol, lose which players?

The new generation of players isnt playing Diablo 2 because its heavily outdated. The nostalgia people will play the game for like 3 months top until they stop because it turns out that Diablo 2 is a heavily outdated game. The only people who will stick are the ones who played Diablo 2 before and that playerbase is patheticly low.

Its also funny that you think the game is a challenge. The game is even easier than Diablo 3 and that says a lot. There is no challenge, its just time consuming.

3 Likes

No, it cannot. There is no 3D PBR in old D2. There is 3D PBR in D3. And yes, 3D PBR matters a lot.

And that’s why we see multiple threads like “I need free unlimited respecs because I’m stuck at 2 act hell”.

6 Likes

Sorry man but you are just plain wrong or young. Play another game. There are soo many games you can play. Maybe D3 or Path of Exile.

The ONLY change I would like to see is stacking gems and potions etc. That would be amazing and not GAME changing but would make it so much better to farm and keep what you earn.

2 Likes

Only because idiots play the game doesnt mean its a challenge. They also complain in Animal Crossing.

Alot of changed would make the game alot better for alot of ppl aswell. Its a matter of taste. Every change isnt a bad change. Some are good and valid ideas.

1 Like

Hm. I’m one of the original D2 players. But I AM asking for changes. Age of Empires did it with the remasters. (At least the definite editions, but even at least one HD-Edition (age of mythology) got Expansions for the remaster.) And that is no bad thing. So, additional D2 Expansion AREN’T a bad thing, too. If you don’t want changes, stick to the original. It’s still playable. Or course, all such changes should be OPTIONAL.

1 Like

Something we are all very proud of. :grin:

3 Likes

Instead of asking for changes, people should put pressure on Blizzard so that they can finally guarantee a smooth gaming experience after 4 weeks.

2 Likes

Oh, the “returning players” must be gone by now then, because the game DOES have changes.

Actually whoever here shouts “no changes” is the worst hypocrite.

Just shut up and play D2:LoD

D2R will (maybe) get some more content.

So stop crying and just play D2:LOD.

1 Like

Hell is the endgame. You can farm various bosses or areas for items and experience. D2 may be an old game, but it has more varied endgame than any ARPG currently on the market. In games like D3 it’s just random maps in rifts. D2 actually offers choice in what endgame content you want to play.

4 Likes

Whoever is considering himself as “d2 core player” who refuse any change please stick with D2LOD. D2R is not for you, sorry.

2 Likes

I quit D3 because of rifts well not only about the game was boring for me in general but that is my opinion.

I liked that you replay the story.

Rifts in D3 makes me fall asleep and annoys my eyes cus it rain golden named items…

Im open for expansions of course but don’t change core mechanics.

1 Like