3 golem mastery
1 point amp damage
1 point decrep
Act 1 merc
59 points strength
Rest in vit
Struggle with diablo normal
Lvl 30

I respecced after entering nightmare by akara in normal act1 quest reward.
I had skilled minions scellettons, scellie mages claygolem blood golem, monsters resistanced and talent about using pets, but also I found it at the beginning boring to wait unteil my pets killed the monsters, so I skilled also bone spear and curse iron maiden.
With the respec, I still make it hybrid to have pets, but also can do some dmg by spear.
The biggest win was, when I found out how much curse iron maiden could help my fighting army of pets. They can kill so much faster after cursing them.
I will respec later to pets only and start another necro without pets. For hell i think it is better to make one skill right maxed out than having more skills all not at level20+.

Offtopic: Is the a way to see my profil from d2 to show others?
I can offer to help others at normal, but not yet for NM. I am about level 45. Invite me, if you need help to kill diablo or baal. Gannicus#2491

Iron ore is useless. You can not use it to kill a cave bear. Don’t buy it. I’m out.

1 Like

curse iron maiden makes them take damage, so I think it helps when pets are fighting an enemy. Does it not?

(I didn’t reas all posts)
There is a simple trick to get corpses as Summoner-Necro: Get to act 1, kill, raise. return to the act, you were. The Skeles and revives depent on your skill, not on the level of the Monster.

And don’t forget your golem and Merc. If you can’t defeat an enemy on your own, your golem or merc should at least be able to kill some.

Summoning necro build is not for leveling, it’s for lvl75+ play imho.
It”s written in every guide — levelup with bone and then respec to summoner. Of course, you may like to play with skellies all along but it”s your choice, why blame the game? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

really thats how to make summoner? cast bones and respec to summoner?

1. Skeleton magi are usless.
  2. The best way to lvl is bone with further respec.
  3. Summoner is weak on normal, but much stronger on nightmare.

So read some guide for you starting build.

I won with three skeletons, mastery maxed, a Golem, and amplify damage.
I hit the baddies with the amplify damage as my minions roll in. I follow with a good mace of my own and a good “head” in my off hand.

Not the most exciting play through, and Diablo takes forever, but it works.

And yes, as was said before, Skeletal Mages are useless.

you cant play game? yes the games fault,

my merc kills little monsters so i can summon skeletons and why they died? my skelletons died only on endbosses.

i just Owned Diablo on Hell with Summoner Necro, didnt even have to create a new army, i just slaughtered him xD Summoner is NOT bad

Yeah, it’s the easiest way. You are absolutely free to do it your way, though. Just don’t wine on forum that summon Necro is unplayable. :man_shrugging:

Thanks for sharing those builds everyone! Hopefully this will help our newest Summoners to send the demonic forces back where they came from. :muscle:

1 Like

You wanna send them back to Florida?

1 Like

Newbs:
“Necromancer is unplayable!”
MRLlamaSC:
“Kills Hell Baal with a punch barbarian”

1 Like

google will help u ! for nomal just use golem and damge reflect debuff… in nighmare u dont need this.for hell u need some more minion level/equip

Its one of easiest starting character, going lvl 84 HC solo summoner from start of the game , without using skill reset once.
Common mistake to put more than 1 point into skeleton mastery as you start, its way more important to get lvl 20 skeleton warriors first. Also make sure to get required skills and 2 spare skill points to get minion resistances + decrepify when you hit lvl 24. After that its gonna be easy.

Ts, getting your skeleton army wiped by a boss in a blink of eye is core expierience to diablo 2 :smiley: . At least when you try to figure the game out on your own.

1 Like

Yup, that’s totally a part of the experience alright! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Summoner is the simplest build I know of at least. Though I play solo, casual, hardcore, so the huge meat shield, and the ability to work without any specific gear pieces is great.

It’s a bit tedious in maggots lair and when you’re stuck in a doorway or something with mobs resurrecting others on the other side, and a bit annoying to get the herd going where you want it to, but I can’t think of a simpler or safer build to play.

Not only that, but being able to remove physical immunities, so you can do the same to kill every mob, while others have to spec into many different damage types to be able to kill all the mobs, makes me surprised it hasn’t been nerfed.