The player tricked me into taking everything I had

they dont act even if someone would commit irl suicide in game

Unfortunately trade screen scams have been happening since the games inception 2 decades ago. The most common scams are swapping Tals Armor for Rattlecage, Unique Shako for P Emerald Shako, and Storm Shield for Steelclash. Swapping out torches is a new scam in D2R because it was not possible in the original game without dropping the torch and picking up another. Blizzard will not help you. Sorry for your loss.

scammers are part of the online gameplay, get over it

1 Like

Correct me if I am wrong… but you used to not even be able to put anni’s and torches in the trade window… Am I remembering that wrong??? Sorry but Ive only played single player/offline for about a decade.

Its still surprising how easy you Can scamm People.

Sorry mate but its time to start thinking. Its simple. You need to wait untill other person accepr trade and then you Can do it the same. If i rememver correctly after he click his button he is not able to take back his items.

This works for me in the past.

Best,

U still cant have 2 torches in ur inventory so this scammer mustve run to his shared stash and swapped the torches… Shouldve been sus the moment he ran to his stash :slight_smile:
All i can say is … OP got owned and shouldve checked!!! :smiley:

Is it hard to check things ? (!) … If you walk the road without watching and get salmmed by a car you don’t say “hey i wasn’t watching can i have my 1UP back ?”…
Hard, but stop crying for shit you’re doing yourself

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your loss, rrr.

There are measures in place in the game already to limit the opportunities of scammers, though it’s ultimately up to players to use them correctly in order to protect themselves.

Support doesn’t have the capacity to investigate scams and any items lost this way will not be recoverable.

For more info about this, please see the support article here:

I hope you can still recover from this setback over time and you’re able to avoid issues like this in the future!

That old switcharoo snakeoil trick. I remember falling for it once back in the original. but this is not a game flaw, this is your personal lack of attention so doubt anything can be done. it was a legit trade, it’s your responcibility to double check before you click the accept button.

Many times they do this trick where they ask you to move the items in different slots to “check for dupes” and they do the same…then a few failed trades later, they finally manage to trade but by then the soj is replaced with any random ring with the same graphics. classic :slight_smile:

Unfortunately it is like real life, people will try to scam you and we have to be cautious.

HI,

My apologies for this small offtop but I have a question and it’s quite important.

Is there any possibility that someone from moderators group or GM or ( It will be the best ) from Blizz give feedback on the thread below:

There are I think few threads like this without any response from GM/Blizz site but I see that occasionally you give answers for a less important topics like this one.

It would be great to receive some feedback.

Thank you a lot.
Best,

Well, you learned the hard way, next time you´ll know.

Scamming is within the spirit and authenticity of the Diablo II experience.

Measure twice, cut once.
Always make sure before committing to a trade.

A wise, old man once said: “Measure twice, cut once”. As long as there are gullible, naive, or outright dumb people, there will be scammers. Welcome to the real world.

This is all until California’s laws define scam victims as a particular protected social group of people and give them their own letter in the LGBTQCIAHURDRR+++ acronym :slight_smile:

This is 100% on you. Always check the item again and again before confirming the trade.

1 Like

This is why I only play solo sadly. Some individuals ruining the experience. Be it from scamming, spamming, pvp or killing off my quest targets before I get there, opening town portals to suicide locations etc.

1 Like

In Russia, it is said even stronger: “Measure seven times, cut once”. From the OP’s post where he mentions Moscow time, I gather that he is from Russia, so … :man_shrugging:

welcome to the remastered trading system, sorry there will be no compensation