*Urgent Classic Matter*

Due to limitations that you’ve applied in order to limit the latency of games visible to you in a lobby (which can be understandable for expansion), we can barely see any active game when playing Classic (non-expansion).

This is actively hurting the classic community as we desperately need to be able to see all available public games (regardless of latency). As it stands, we are forced to rely on discord and other third party websites/softwares to coordinate Chaos runs and PvP games.

Many public games are available, not full, but invisible for most players and must be joined manually by communicating the existence of said games outside of D2R. Furthermore, splitting us between Americas and Europe impedes on our already small community.

Please consider addressing this as it’s a necessity to keep the classic community alive.

P.S.: No one understands why we’re not privy to the shared stash on classic? We already have less stash space. Something no one on classic is particularly happy about as we have to constantly mule things off to other characters.

78 Likes

I agree with everything above, game names + upgraded stash whenever possible! Please save Classic, thank you! +bump

13 Likes

I agree one hundred percent.

9 Likes

there is a QOL feedback thread in US forum which collects all these problems and solution alltogether.
A filter/sorting and some settings for game list are really needed and appropriate.

4 Likes

Hey, Diablo 2 veteran here, been playing the game since I was 11 years old in 2004. Seeing so many of my old friends I made throughout some of the most formative years of my childhood and adolescent gaming experience has been unbelievably heartwarming, and playing D2R has mostly been absolutely phenomenal. However, I completely agree with this post, and I think this desperately needs to be addressed. Although we are a smaller portion of the Diablo 2 community, I’d argue we are by far the most dedicated, and we truly love this game to our core. The changes described in the OP are critical for us to maintain a community on Diablo 2 resurrected, and it would be truly heartbreaking to so many of us who are absolute die hard fans if the classic community dwindled further just due to a lobby strategy that’s based on over saturation on expansion without classic Diablo in mind. Please, please consider thinking about this, we are desperate for this change as soon as possible. Much love from a long time fan.

• Connor Fitzpatrick
12 Likes

100% agree. Needs to be adressed asap.

10 Likes

This is more than reasonable. Quality of life kills games and if this isn’t fixed the foundation of Diablo will disappear. Fix the list. And we could also use the shared stashes so we don’t f**$ your servers up more than they already are so I’d honestly suggest doing yourselves a favor and oblige. Other than that the games great though.

6 Likes

Fix the issue with not being able to see public games AND fix the in game/channel chat feature. The d2r chat feature is really, really bad.

6 Likes

I agree we need a shared stash and would love to see it increased

7 Likes

Agreed!!

• Do something about the visibilty of games

You will lose players like this!

8 Likes

Keep up the classic mode!

6 Likes

Same goes for me, I play this game since 1.03 and really are in love with classic mode. It is very hard for us and all other players to just play the “new” game. I totally agree with all points mentioned above. I would go back to the original d2 but with resurrected I was hoping to see a lot more people and the game would be alive again. I wanted the feeling of the good old days where I can see many people and games. That was the best time!
So Blizzard, please consider this matter as VERY IMPORTANT as this is neccessary to keep alive the classic game with all beloved players which are playing the game with their heart!

10 Likes

Love the passion guys. BLIZZARD DON’T LET CLASSIC DIE ON US.

8 Likes

lol Comon now Blizz.

5 Likes

If you need a few classic players to help you out feel free to reach out. Some of us have been on classic for 20+ years. Only bought ezpac for the max characters/screen and “hd”" graphics. Fix it please, really should have been fixed before launch. You guys are suppose to be the best of the best and private servers are out doing you. Not 1 public game in hell since launch but yet tons of people on forum asking where the games at. Come on you charged money for this. =/

7 Likes

100% agree, classic players got done dirty…

4 Likes

Keep up the classic mode!

5 Likes

100% Agree, just played lod casually a short time at 1.09 before and after only classic. Just like it more. I was buffled when first heard of shared stash don’t have to create 10 Mules but unfortunately only for lod, although they have the bigger chest anyway.
And now we’re sitting here with no games visible, it’s a shame atm.

6 Likes

yes please fix this so we can enjoy classic

6 Likes

Yeah seems fair to me. Classic is just as much D2 as LoD. I hope they won’t just forget about LoD if another exp is released! It doesn’t bode well.

5 Likes