Unable to ignore in chat

Blocking finally seemed to be fixed in the last patch, but today I’m unable to block anyone. The spam bots come through the in-game chat on Trade channel despite me not being in that channel. I can’t block them from the lobby it just says unable to ignore. I’ve tried from the popup menu, typing the ignore command with the character name and their btag name, same error. The amount of bot spam has frankly made the game unplayable for me today, mainly due to the spillage of the Trade channel blasting messages on screen from bots into the actual game. It seems like I’m in the trade channel in game even though it says i’m in Game, because other folks will send messages that won’t pop up unless I manually open the chat window.

1 Like

Same here…everyday i ignore at least 4 bots…and now i’m unable to ignore something else because of the limitation…At this point this game is definitively dead !
If Blizzard don’t make the possibility for players to filter the lobby chat…i’m done with this.
Seriously it’s not that hard to give one tool for filter some key word you don’t want to see on lobby…and by the way can we no longer have the message of the trades when we are in the game !!!

I just turn off the online chat on the option…it’s ridiculous to have to come to this.
I am no longer disturbed by any bot at the cost of being able to communicate with players and make trades, helps or various meetings…this is 2021 (2022) and we are on a dinosaurs game !

yeah same issues here. maybe these bots are really blizzard making money on the side since the game is free lol

Does anyone at blizzard even look at these forums? I see countless posts with similar issues and nobody ever gets a response from blizzard.