Update Diablo 2 R to Windows 11 because it is not going to play

I switched to Windows 11 and it keeps showing a black screen, there is no Main Menu and the background music is playing. If I knew it would be like that, I wouldn’t buy the game, that’s how I bought it and I can’t play it. Why haven’t you updated Diablo to a newer version of Windows?

Maybe cus windows 11 is barely out?

In system req you can see its not supported on windows 11

Its working fine on my W11. You can try clean drivers install and hope for the best. Right after w11 upgrade I had some hiccups but latest drivers and reboot solved all.

1 Like

After all, I have the latest Nvidia drivers version 510.31 installed and so far there is nothing. As for Windows 11 updates, I keep installing and still nothing.

following the logic of the history of windows. win 11 should be a bad win

win95 bad
win98 good
win me bad
win xp good
win vista bad
win 7 good
win 8 bad
win 10 good
win 11 …

1 Like

Somehow, after a system reset, Diablo2R fired, but in Offline mode it crashed and after restarting the character is still loading, and I am already on the second act, Killer.

Win11, RTX2080Ti, i9-9900, 32gb - No problems at all - everything runs smooth af

Everything is supported and works fine.

make a new and clean install for win11 and d2r maybe it helps.

Hey all,

Windows 11 is supported for all of our games, and should work just like Windows 10 as there’s no big difference between the two.

If you are experiencing crashes on Windows 11, please make sure to uninstall your drivers completely (third party programs like Driver Display Uninstaller can help you do that). Once uninstalled, install the latest Windows 11 compatible version of your drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

You can also follow this guide if you’re still having issues with the game:

Yesterday I was able to download and install the original Windows 11 on Microsoft. Earlier I had a trial version, I didn’t know it, I had a Development Channel and I couldn’t change anything. I had to delete all the files, luckily the files were preserved. I turned on the Diablo 2R character on Online for a moment yesterday, but somehow it deleted my first Assassin character in Offline mode.

idc if it deletes my online account i only play offline, but AOE 4 and D@ {the ONLY 2 games i play} are having issues now and im computer illiterate: same here bro, theONLY TWO games i play. both havin issues on MSi GF 65 Thin 95D series GEFORCE 1660 Ti. what can i do?

Forgive the super duper noob tip but I was struggling with this, and then I disabled my firewall, and now it works like a champ.

Brand new rig, first app I installed was bnet and D2R. D2R client launched, I configured my game settings and did a Chaos Sanctuary run since that’s one of the more graphics-intensive maps. Totally fine until randomly in the middle of the sanctuary the graphics freeze, mouse cursor still works. Open the Task Manager and end the D2R process. Within 5 seconds, I get the error report in the background, which I close. Relaunch from bnet thinking it’s just a fluke. Since that first crash, the client crashes every time between the Blizzard/D2 title splash and the main “Press any key” title screen. Music stops, little flame widget in the bottom right freezes, and client crashes, no error report. I did an uninstall/reinstall (not yet a clean install of everything, including bnet), same behavior. I’m seeing quite a few reports on the internet of this exact same behavior. I don’t believe we all have the exact same driver issue.

This is a pro custom-built (Falcon NW) machine that I unboxed 2 hours ago. I trust they got the drivers right. Can a blue please confirm the D2R team has tried to run it on Win11? I’m seeing mixed messages on whether it’s even supported. Thanks.

Win11 is supported as mentioned above, if you’re having any issues with crashes please follow the Troubleshooting steps for crashes in Diablo II.

In case it is helpful to anyone else, I was able to get it to work by doing a clean reinstall of the driver (which force-deleted the existing graphics profile of D2R). When I first launched D2R and set up the graphics, the configurable settings included anti-aliasing features. I have a GeForce RTX 3070 Ti (new card for me, no experience with it), and when I profiled D2R using GeForce Experience, the options like TAA were disabled because of DLSS—literally, GE said “this is disabled because of DLSS.” I think what must have happened was, by launching D2R on this new machine and setting up the video options in-game (before optimizing through GeForce), the D2R client set, and tried to read, GPU settings that were in conflict with my hardware. If you’re running into this and have GeForce Experience (or similar, don’t know all the maker tools), maybe try a clean install and config the gfx outside the D2R client. It seems to have worked for me.

I have the exact same problem as Cristobal03 described, but after trying reinstalling, repairing, reinstall of the graphic card driver, disabling firewall/antivirus and more things, nothing works… Anyone has any solution?