Wishlist for 2.5 Ladder

Seeing that this Ladder is pretty much dead 2 weeks in due to bots, MH, jsp and a troubled launch, here a short wishlist for 2.5 in about… 6 months:

• Effective anti-bot and anti-MH measures
  • Close down jsp through your lawyers, FG is used to buy items, you can buy FG with real money = RMT, which is against your ToS since you don’t allow people to make money with your IP (rightfully so)
  • Solo-Selffound Ladder Category <<<<<< THE NO.1 THING THAT IS NEEDED
  • Character gender choice, come on, add some diversity, I don’t wanna see the same sorceress every single time, it doesn’t even make sense. Not asking for Skyrim sliders but add genders and (very) baseline customization.
  • Remove or redo infinity and enigma, it can’t be that everyone wants nothing but the same 2 items.
    Outside of very niche or special-purpose builds you can count popular items on one hand: Enigma, Infinity, Hoto, Shako, War Travs, Magefist, Arach, Soj, Maras, Fortitude, Andys. This or something close to this is basically what every single effective build (every effective build is a caster) is going for.
  • Rework Teleport. YES. The ultimate can of worms gets opened. This skill on that one character has plagued this game for long enough. It was called ‘Teleport’ by the north devs, not ‘skip-the-entire-game-skill’. It should be a tool to get out of clutch situations, not something that feels like I’m in some sort of developer mode and playing through the whole game in 10 minutes.
    Imagine if Classic WoWs Mage’s Blink had no CD and the gameplay that would result because of that. This is was D2 is like.
    How do you even justify a selection of 7 characters when there is only one real character to start a Ladder with? Because if you choose something else you’re actively putting yourself at a disadvantage right from the start. Did you check the latest Class % ratios? Does that give you some sort of hint? On another note, the problem with Teleport and the sorceress directly relates to the aforementioned point - the very narrow lineup of wanted items.

Anyways…as many others I have uninstalled the game because it’s just dead weight in it’s current form & your current way of caring for it. I hope you give us a reason to reinstall again.

6 Likes

I would suggest making normal and nightmare harder : P and nerfing the most OP stuff in the game.
(again though gotta say there’s a decent % of characters dead on HC at most levels)
But what if there were even more dead? That’d be fine, a harder game.
Gotta say the skill buffs do tend to make normal and nightmare easier overall and so I think this could be worked on further by reducing the power of the strongest stuff and tweaking the difficulty up like that even if little by little.

1 Like

Anti cheat measures.
SSF Ladder.
Players 3+ baseline.
Lootfilter.
Charm inventory; purists are damaging the game, lets get rid of degeneracy.
Stackable runes.
Restructured lobby with more options and filters, also improved social system.
For monetization to feed further development, implement buyable stashtabs and character slots.

Also minor bug or whatever: Make it not possible to name games the same in softcore/hardcore, because hardcore characters can NOT join games if the same name exist in softcore.

2 Likes

My wishes:

• Revert Corpse Explosion to its old state. Currently it is very unresponsive and not fun to use anymore
  • Get rid of Enigma. No more please
  • Improve the 70% of all useless runewords
  • Less chance of being Amplified Damaged by curses from NM/Hell mobs
  • Make Bowazon a thing again
  • Stop making Paladins to be the Goddamn OP class in everything they do
2 Likes

OP maybe you might want to check out diablo 3

1 Like

Solo-Selffound Ladder Category <<<<<< THE NO.1 THING THAT IS NEEDED

No. Play single player mode then. D2 ladder is meant to be multiplayer. Multiplayer = trade, coop, scum, drama, pvp etc etc etc.

Remove or redo infinity and enigma

Why ? What for? If you can’t play without enigma I feel sorry for you, thousands of other players are playing without it and having a lot of success.

How do you even justify a selection of 7 characters when there is only one real character to start a Ladder with

Check out speedruns with different characters. Skilled players are finishing this game on all difficulties with different characters in about 8 hours or so. So I completely disagree about “the only character to start the ladder”.

Rework Teleport. YES. The ultimate can of worms gets opened. This skill on that one character has plagued this game for long enough

Yeah, let’s turn this into a completely different game just because YOU sir don’t like something.

I hope you give us a reason to reinstall again

Why are you posting if you don’t actually play the game

not true, ssf would be legendary, and millions of players would love it

1 Like

But how is that possibly different from just comparing single player characters? Apart from not having “shared” stash tabs. Not saying it’s “bad” but I’m just trying to understand what is that for. Maybe for speedrunners? But then again, they usually record their runs anyway so their progress is shared with community. I also don’t see how one extra ladder going to impact multiplayer (that’s an extra non-multiplayer ladder)

I would highly prioritize development of an effective anti-cheat system instead.

its just so u can play solo, but still not feel alone, and seeing urself on ladder with others is just a nice feeling

Single player aka offline mode are unranked, if you really wanted an answer.
The ladder ranking system is somewhat appealing and motivates you, at least me, in the beginning to play more.
In an SSF ladder you would see a more fair ‘race’, but as you mention we still have issues with cheaters which I agree should be prio #1.

Also, personally I play 90% solo in this game, never do any trades and just use whatever I find.

yes pls nerf teleport 1h cooldown, because i’m a boomer its to fast for me
yes pls nerf enigma and infinity, because i can’t afford it and i don’t want other people to have it

don’t forget to nerf grief, what is about grief? its sooooo op and pls add x player command to multiplayer, i hate interacting with people in multiplayer. i want to play it alone in multiplayer.

2 Likes
  • fix lobby
    -fix necro ce
    -fix crash

any many more i dont remmber right now

1 Like

Grief doesn’t allow you to skipcheat through the game like I entered dev mode command in the console.
If I wanted Enigma, I’d be on jsp, what makes you think I can’t afford $5? It’s because you thinking of yourself while typing that?

Now go back trolling in your Kindergarten.

ssf is very needed yes

1 Like

I think it would be at least a very interesting option, esp. since hackers/bots are probably here to stay for another 5 years on normal ladder.

If thats optional, I think there shouldn’t be anyone seriously against it. At least not with reasonable arguments

Other than that:

• Limit spirit to shields
  • fix lobby
  • bigger stash
  • leave Enigma/Teleport where is it

add D3 Greater Rifts.
Personal Loot.
Fix Enigma, e.g. change “+1 teleport” to “level 1 teleport (30 charges)”

Add /players x command for online mode
Allow private D2R Server

Also I would like to add that the cons of implementing the /players command become irrelevant if blizzard are gonna continue being passive about cheaters which they have been for a very long time.
A banwave every quarter or year doesn’t help what so ever, botters needs to be perma banned as soon as they fire up whatever program they are using.

Every new season will have a economy reset which will matter for a weekend (d3 much?) then its ultra inflated again.

Or blizzard just continue being passive about cheaters, implement SSF and /players command and the dear botters who tries to earn money through black market will have even less revenue.

win win.

3 Likes