A couple of questions for kind souls willing to help me

Hello,
I cant find answers to my questions on the wiki, maybe somebody here will know the answer and take the trouble to help me out, thank you:)

1 -Barbarians skill Whirlwind with Blood Funnel rune got a 1% heal rate per critcal hit. Now my question is what happens when you use Ambo Pride sword, which applies automaticly rend, as on rend skill description it says

So will the healing still trigger or because rend is applied which got no critical hits, no healing will occur?

2- Demon hunter sets bonuses confuse me a fair bit when it comes to vengeance skill. The last bonus of the sets often says “it multiplies gazilion% , but for the vengeance skill only for side cannons” The only set on the fandom wiki that says the dmg multiplier without any additional conditions seems “Natalya’s Vengeance”.

Anyone knows if it really works like this , boosting all dmg of vengeance + rapid fire (so not only side rockets , but also the main firing) , or if its just an omission in the description?

I’ve played WW rend barb a lot but not lately so Meteorblade will probably come with precise answers later on.
Crit hit and Crit damage are always important - apart from thorns builds, where it does no damage. (There may also be some builds where crit hit chance is of minor importance because items or skills automatically increase your crit chance). Even in skills where you channel your crit hit and crit damage numbers are calculated into your total damage.

Demon Hunter have two different Vengeances. Rain of Vengeance and Vengeance. The first one is connected to the Natalya set and combinations of Natalya and other sets because of the damage boost after casting the skill. Vengeance is a different skill that boosts your damage and makes you immune to control impairing effects from monsters. It is used together with the 1 hand crossbow Dawn, either equipped or cubed (or as an affix on a season 24 ethereal weapon), because Dawn lowers the cooldown on Vengeance drastically. You mostly use Vengeance with either the Seethe rune or Dark Heart rune.

So to answer your question Rain of Vengeance will generally increase your total damage from all sources.

1 Like

The healing is as a result of critical hits, which means it comes from hits done by your Whirlwind itself (even though it’s not the main source of your damage, Rend is) not the Rends caused by Whirlwinding. Now, on a WW/Rend Barb, you’re generally in a large group of mobs and you’re hitting them all pretty rapidly. Let’s say, for sake of argument, that you’re in a pack of 40 mobs, and you have a 50% CHC. That means, on average, you’ll crit against 20 of them. So, you’ll be getting 20 * 1% healing, i.e. 20% healing per WW. The more mobs you have in the pack, the more healing you get so, not only does grouping mobs up help with your sustain, it also means you can benefit more from your AD if you manually cast Rends. (Rends applied automatically by Ambo’s Pride do not benefit from AD, but Rends manually cast do. It’s a massive difference in damage, especially if you’re stood in an Oculus circle, on the Physical cycle of CoE)

1 Like

Thank you @Jazz and @Meteorblade-2266 , much appreciated :slight_smile: . The barbarian question was for my friend, I am playing the demon huntress, I love the agility and constant vaulting.
I like most rapid fire and vengeance, so will prolly lean that way, but truly at first i will use whatever set i manage to assemble, dependant of rng gods :slight_smile:

1 Like