About that Blizzard if full of shit

Ive created in 2 days 240 amulets of dexterity and none of them was primal. I must say that ive played Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 for years but this reached the TOP of my pasion. Like Raxanterax I`m afraid that I must have to say great goodbye to the THOUSENDS of hours spend wasted in fucking Blizzard gambling. Because this nothing else but GAMBLING without winning. So my dear Blizzard Company get lost. My bid farewell!!!

2 Likes

The drop rate for primal ancient legendaries is 1 in 400 legendaries, so…

• Chance that a legendary will be primal = (1/400)
  • Chance that a legendary will not be primal = (399/400)
  • Chance that none of X legendaries will be primal = (399/400)^X
  • Chance that none of 240 legendaries will be primal = (399/400)^240 = 0.54839

So, you got a result that almost 55% of players would get.

2 Likes

You make a big mistake and blame the game for it?
Another thing: The toxin gem doesn’t proc the poison damage on your weapon shard, you need posion on one of your weapons (the top stat) or poison on follower weapon. If you use the shard where monsters explode on death then that poison damage is enough but then you also don’t wanna use the toxin gem. Also strafe damage on your crossbow and boots don’t do anything good as your damage is Hungering Arrow.

1 Like

240 is around half way to a primal, and even less when chance is taken into account

And there is always the chance that, when he finally manages to craft it, it can have an undesired passive or bad rolls without crit and elemental damage. So, in reality, a perfect primal hellfire that fits a specific build is way less than 1/400 if you count all the combinations of stats and the passive affix. Honestly, it doesn’t make any sense to go into that much trouble for an item that’s not even good nowdays.

Personally, I used it sometimes, very early into seasons where I haven’t found a squirts amulet or travelers pledge. Or whenever I have very few paragons, haven’t leveled up molten gem, or there isn’t any way for me to keep up squirts. And even then, I settle with a normal legendary if it has a decent passive and some sort of crit, until I farm a stronger amulet a couple of days later.

PS. I am assuming he talks about the hellfire amulet the way he put it. But if not, the same logic applies to all pieces. It’s better to just play the game and see what you can get from drops and GRs and then whatever item you need to perfect, then you should concentrate there. And don’t forget, a build that has 13/13 primals with incorrect stats is worse than one that has ancients/normal but with the correct stats. Only the weapon is kind of important, but it is usually crafted with the 11th cube recipe at some point.

3 Likes

Rings and amulets are all about damage so they need 10% crit chance 100% crit damage. Quite rarely they come out that way.

Edit: I wonder what the probability of a primal hellfire amulet with the ideal stats is.

Around 1/400 that it will even be so, and given that the majority of hellfire amulets don’t come with optimum elemental damage AND Crit hit chance+ crit damage (or an affix that can be rolled to have all 3 affixes), its probably 1/5000

1 Like

Could be even less. Cause there are around 20 passives and you are searching for a pool of 5 passives most likely (4 used and 5th on the amulet). That’s like a 25% chance to have a useful passive, multiplied by 1/400. Around 1/1600 to be primal with a useful passive. That could be better in some scenarios because barbs for example have plenty of decent passives so you can have more freedom there. But yeah if you count all the possible rolls on top of that, the chance is really low. And the item itself is very outdated, you get like a free passive which will give something like 20% more damage at best. It used to be the holy grail of many builds, some years ago. I did craft a few of them this season just for the Altar unlock and I noticed that best case scenario 9/10 outcomes had more than 1 useless stat on them and the other 1/10 were useful in some way after changing one stat (like double crit + cooldown). So this is like multiplying the 1/1600 with another 10% = 1/16000. Some of my numbers are arbitrary for the sake of simplicity, but they are not that far from reality. I am pretty sure though, that by the time it takes me to farm such an item, I’d farm at least 3 different classes with pretty good min/maxed augmented gear and end up with more than 2000 paragons just by doing GRs.

By the way I have a pretty decent collection of amulets/rings as ancients or even as normal legendaries that have maxed stats (maybe 9.5% crt instead of fixed 10%, so no big deal). I might even keep double crit + main stat there, because 1000 of main stat is a big deal if you have low paragons and no augments yet.

2 Likes

With the Altar (even nerfed) and Soul Shards we don’t even need perfect gear.
(I believe OP had a seasonal hero in this region, but no longer to be seen),

1 Like