Ambo's Pride - banging my head against the wall XD

Hi team,

Ambos pride is a Legendary Mighty weapon and it’s evading my grasp.

I’ve had a look at a few way to try up my chances of obtaining it but I would like to ask you folks here.

Do I do the rare upgrade of the mighty weapon which is expensive for Death Breaths OR do I spend Kadalas blood shards? The only issue I see with Bloodshards is that its for Swords, not mighty weapons so the pool would be huge.

If the first option is the most viable, can anyone advise a nice way to farm up Deaths Breaths? I am a WW/Rend Barb with my friend whos a Necromancer and we can comfortably and speedily destroy Torment 9 rifts.

Any help would be appreciated, this weapon is the next step for me to progress a little higher :slight_smile:

Well, you’re still low in paragon so there are probably some items and recipes that you’re missing. More death breaths are obtained by getting the Sage set bonus on your follower together with nemesis bracers (and Flavor of time). You can get the bonus from three pieces or two pieces plus RoRG on the follower.
The best way to get Ambos is by crafting one sovereign mighty weapon at the time and upgrading it in the cube… once you’ve crafted one they’ll probably rain from the sky in your next rifts and grifts :wink:

Edit: the Sage solution is for solo play of course. If you play with a friend one of you will have to use nemesis bracers. Don’t know if Sage’s can be fit into a barb build without sacrificing too much power and speed. I would also think that T10 has a better db rate (but I’m not sure).

2 Likes

Just edited my post…

Yeah, I have a full wraths set with two rings called Focus and something, if I was to go Sages it would drastically drop my damage. Might just have to slog it through for DB.

The rings for WW/Rend are BoM (equipped), CoE (equipped) and ORotZ cubed.

Focus and Restraint are set rings and they only saw use in the season where we had a 4th Cube slot available where we could have Focus and Restraint equipped, with BoM and ORotZ in the Cube slots. Effectively, we dropped the periodic bonus damage bonus of CoE for the permanent bonus from maintaining both buffs from F+R.

Anyway, onto your issue of getting an Ambo’s Pride. Kadala gambles is a terrible choice for this. As you rightly surmise, gambling 75 blood a time for one-handed weapons has a huge loot pool to pick from, i.e. mighty weapons, daggers, maces, swords, axes, spears. Craft some level 70 rare (i.e. yellow) Sovereign one-handed mighty weapons at the Blacksmith and use the Cube’s “Upgrade rare to legendary” recipe. As it’s mighty weapons you’re upgrading, there’s a much smaller pool of results to pick from. You’ll get an Ambo’s eventually.

2 Likes

Hi, thats very kind of you!

My account was on the Americas, purchased in New Zealand but I now live in the UK so I am playing on European servers :slight_smile:
I’ll flick you an add later - I’m just at work at the moment.

The CoE rings bothers me greatly in that it’s window of damage is limited that I basically forget about it and if I so happen to hit the physical cycle while WW’ing my way through enemies, then cool. I have BoM on my cube slot if thats any consolation haha.

Haven’t played Wastes in a long time but once you get the full build it’s just thinking about using Ground stomp - wrenching smash with the physical cycle.

There are 8 one-handed mighty weapons in the game (i think). So with the 3rd cube recipe, you have a 12.5% chance of getting ambos pride. That’s not bad. But you have to stack a decent amount of death breaths to try multiple times. This can become annoying sometimes when the game will give you 10 times in a row the same item that you don’t want, but it is either that or try to farm it the old-fashioned way where a monster drops it.

It’s best if you do some normal rifts (nephelim rifts) in whatever difficulty you can handle and not struggle too much to kill elites and then collect a couple of hundreds of dbs. It’s also best if you don’t play in a high torment difficulty for now, cause you also want to be somewhat fast to collect a decent amount of them per hour. Probably, and if you are really unlucky, i think 1 or 2 hours of nephelim rifts is enough to get you an Ambo’s Pride.

I think one way to gamble for it is to get a barbarian to level 31 and then upgrade 1 handed mighty weapons (which you can forge yourself) in the cube. I think at level 31 there are only 2 weapons - Ambo’s Pride and Fjord Cutter.

I may not be ideal to use on a level 70 character but you can always put it in the cube!

If you’re having problems with Death’s Breaths the way forward is to equip your Templar Follower with 3 pieces of Sage’s set which will double the number of Death’s Breaths that drop for you. My templar has a RoRG, Cains (more keystones) and Sage (more DBs). I think my follower is set up like that at the moment - he is with Marg.

This is a useful resource to see what drops when - D3PLANNER DOT COM

How’s your barb doing with the revamped followers? Do you get a noticeable effect in GRs?

Can’t speak for WW cause I only used it for bounties and conquests but Frenzy barb seems fairly decent. The difference from what it was before the followers is noticeable. Still not the strongest barb but not that far behind Rend. You can also afford to lose the immortality token more easily than other builds thanks to the supporting qualities of the set.

1 Like

My Templar is equipped with a Flavour of Time and Nemesis bracers so Pylons are lasting twice as long and champions are spawned.

I also equip Blindfaith (blinds enemies) and Cord of Sharma (can create an area to blind and slow enemies). I also use a Thunderfury with Wyrdward ,Freeze of Deflection and Oculus Ring as before.

I also equip Pox Faulds and Tal Rasha chest for the IAS. Also Homing Pads on the shoulders.

So, I think there is an improvement.

Away from GR I run Cains (keystones and IAS), Sages (for the DBs) RORG, and Broken Crown (more gems) and I’ve not had a problem with DBs this season and I have plenty of gems).

If you want max healing from templar in high GRs (depending on your build and playstyle) you can use Leoric’s Crown, Captain Crimson’s bonus and CDR on other items to get his big healing down to around every ten seconds and then some of the pieces with IAS and other effects that you mention.

1 Like