Are Devs ever going to fix the Fmod Sound Error that freezes people's games?

I started getting this error just on this season (24) and never before. And after making tons of research I’ve found that it’s a big issue for many players now, even more for HC ones.

So I was wondering if blizz devs will ever attend this, since it’s a heavy technical issue.

Thanks for the space to express myself.

1 Like

The sewer map tile ALWAYS bugs out my sound and has done so for many years. Maybe 2021 is the year that they start fixing the sound of this game?

They didn’t allocate enough of the women programmers to the diablo 3 team. Thats why nothing gets fixed.

They’re actually bringing up the PTR today specifically investigate it…

I posted about that in General Discussion yesterday… link

1 Like

Game Freezing is still very much a problem. I’ve lost two HC characters in the past week. When is this going to be isolated and fixed. Or better yet, scrap your FMOD file for Diablo3 and re-do the sound processing and associated files. To say it is a problem with newer win10 sound mgmt is one thing, ok… so get help with MS to integrate it better and update your coding. Will this be a problem for Diablo4? I bet not, so what’s the problem on your end? This is unplayable and I was simply excited about season 26 and freshening up on my skills before it starts. If this is not going to be fixed count me out from continuing this game, there is Grim Dawn, POE, and many other dungeon crawlers. Release a re-worked patch to fix this ultimately and be done with it, no more testing from your customers, no more tweaking, no more guessing, your sound handling is the only game I own that has this problem. Its been several seasons for the Dev’s to figure this out. A PTR addition, hundreds of submissions of Debug Files… Hey its still happening Blizzard. Are you fixing it? Or are you just letting this game go to the grave? – Not Happy with your product support. I’m really questioning whether to purchase Diablo4, I don’t like companies that release broken products and don’t care to fix them after they got your initial $ , your letting your fan-base down.

The fix was patched to live servers not long after the PTR test I linked.
This hasn’t been a thing on live for 7-8 months.

“Hasn’t been a Thing ?” – aka it doesn’t affect you so it’s not a thing? I don’t know what you mean. They make a game that requires time consuming dedication to, and it just throws it in the waste basket? What do you mean it “hasn’t been a thing on Live for 7-8 months?” Are you saying I’m making this up, or that no one is experiencing this still, I am the only person? Or that the FIX “Fixed” it? Tell that to the recording of my toons dying, or the debug file I have that shows timeout while it tries to load a stupid sound? Not a thing? Why are you commenting on this – are you just a PR person, smoothing over the “Things” instead of fixing the issues? wow what an absurd reply.

@DEciMatiON: Hi,

I suggest that you upload your debug file(s) to https://pastebin.com/ and that you reply to this post on Bug Report. In your reply, include a link to your debug file (or links if you have several).

To be honest, however, I don’t know if anyone at Blizzard will do something about it. There has been no reports of freeze since the end of September 2021. I’ve also spent a fair amount of time playing on HC this season… and managed to clear a tier 122 gRift in 10:19 – good enough for rank 91 the last time I checked. No freezing issues.

You may want to contact Blizzard Support about this issue by submitting a ticket… they may give you some troubleshooting steps to attempt to check if things improve. Use this link to contact Support: Contact Support - Blizzard Support and provide a link to your debug file on pastebin. Be aware that Support aren’t developers… they cannot modify the game code. But they will try to help you fix the issue locally… if possible.

Good luck with this issue.

1 Like

Hello DEciMatiON,

As the other forum posters have mentioned, the original issue you are pointing out has been resolved for quite some time. If you are having issues with the game freezing, it will be for another reason. If you wish to have this looked into further, please create your own post including a copy of your system files as Boubou suggested as this could help us narrow down what is causing the freezes you’ve been seeing

Due to the age of this thread, I’ll be locking this out.