Assuming a player is at 5000 Paragon

What is the % of ppl that have this much paragon ???

You’re referring to the developer blog post?
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/blog/23290575/%5Bd3%5D-developer-insights-balancing-class-set-design-28-01-2020

there are people already with 10k+

Or someone with TL3 could come along and fix it for you :wink:

1 Like

Whats the seasonal average ? 600-1200? i mean dont get me wrong, i have more then 2K, and I have friends with 5K, but honestly, not everyone plays meta.

I was flabbergasted by the 5K comment. I think we should move on from this issue, as it reminds me of a old X-Men Comic comment from Wolverine “Ribs broken, healing factor kicking in…” even the script writers get it wrong every now and then…

1 Like

If you are talking about in - season, i think 5k is impossible for a normal person with a job. You either have to be really commited to the game, like playing all day and night and never leave your home or use bots that do the job for you. I 've seen people in public games with 4 and 5 k this season(19) and when i check their profiles they have more way more than 1000 hours.
My record is 1.7 K paragon in one season so far but i also do irrelevant stuff like goblin farming, dungeon sets and lots of bounties for reforges. Also i dont play in groups, which would accelerate my paragon increase. I think you can easily go beyond 2K as a casual player, solo, if you use a stong build and do GRs efficiently.

1 Like

True, 5k is nearly impossible to get but if you are playing meta speed runs you can easy go 2.5k+

5K for non seasons is common now (for boting is like 10-15 months) for me as legit player took over 4 years.
5K for season players is pure boting…thats why I do not play seasons and will never play…
Season is rats run (read: bot run), waste of time.

Definitely wrong. There are rewards for playing season: you get up to five extra stash tabs, you get a fresh start (which some people like), you get to enjoy the season theme, which can often be very fun and rewarding, you get various pets and cosmetics and probably a few more things that I forgot to mention. So lots of players enjoy season without tedious rat or meta runs.

2 Likes

phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha
extra bag omggggggg dude this is sooooooooo much

Why do you ask? I don’t see the relevance.

Perhaps if you’d read the linked article from earlier in the thread…

When balancing, we need a point of reference to work around. The “ideal” class set performance for Diablo III is approximately Greater Rift 130, solo, and assumes the character has 5000 Paragon levels . That might sound high to some of you and low to others. If so, that’s good—it means we’ve landed in a middle ground that’s beneficial to the most players!

Still no relevance. They picked that as a specific level to balance classes. Wouldn’t be that much different at 1000 paragon. It’s just to compare class strength. They’re not saying you should have 5000 paragon.

The question posed by the OP, is how many players actually have 5000 paragon (or more), i.e. how relevant is the balance point Blizzard have chosen compared to what most players have. The relevance is that if 95% of players don’t have 5000 paragon, it’s odd to balance around that point.

Also, balancing around 5000 vs 1000 is a major difference. By the time you’ve got 5000 paragon, you can pretty much expect your gear to be extremely good ancients, lots of primals, high level caldesann’s despair applied to all slots, high level legendary gems, and so on. You also have a lot more mitigation (STR and DEX give armour, INT gives All Resist) due to main stat from paragon, so it gives you gearing options that would leave lesser paragon players dead, e.g. you might drop a mitigation ring in favour of a damage ring. A 1000 paragon player doesn’t have the same level of gear, gems, augments or gearing choices.

1 Like

That’s exactly why picking 5000 paragon as the reference to compare classes is good. Players with that level - Lex, Raxx, sVr - are the players who have the ability, network, gear, paragon, and know-how to max-out every build to be tested. Players with 1000 won’t. If you take that as reference, there will be a lot of variability in the test results.

Again, it is meant as a reference to compare classes to each other; not as a reference point on its own.