Auto pick-up gems and etc

I was composing a long, detailed response but then realised that as you’re already at the stage of using ad hominem attacks, why bother.

1 Like

In other words, just as you are incapable of convincing me that you consider your way of playing to be better than mine, I am also incapable of convincing you that I consider mine to be better than yours.

You spending more time with the game does not make you a better player, just as me spending less time with it makes me a worse off player. See the logic?

Which is why they introduced “vacuum pickup” for gems and crafting materials, so that you don’t have to click on each individual stack.

And besides, the only thing that is fast and aggressive in Diablo III are Greater Rifts, and drops of any kind do not exist there until after you have killed the Rift Guardian, giving you as much time as your want to pick stuff up.

There are literally no other parts of the game that employ a set time limit, meaning a player can take their sweet time if they choose to do so. Except maybe the one “Timed Dungeon” that occasionally pops up in Act II…

The one QoL addition I’d like to see does not involve even more automation in the game than already exists. What bugs me the most is that Greater Rifts are literallyy the only place that presents any kind of challenge.

Why? Because once players get to GR70+, then Bounties and Nephalem Rifts at Torment 16 become a one-shot festival. If Bounties and Nephalem Rifts could scale in a manner similar to (note I say similar to) Greater Rifts, then maybe that could actually be considered a good QoL change.

We need look no further than your Invoker Catherine.

You were advised that it’s impossible for Thorns to crit. Despite this, not only did you not roll off existing CHC / CHD affixes into more useful affixes, you re-rolled CHC / CHD onto her gear. How does ignoring valid advice and actively choosing to make your heroes worse make you a better player?

2 Likes

That is if you play solo or with or with equally slow paced players… Anyhow you seem to miss the point that the whole discussion about auto pickup is reducing the time spent on trivial matters.

Indeed, that’s a very good question.

In my opinion, a good player listens to the advice given by other people and learns from it. Instead when given advice Prometheus always seem to lash out to those people giving the advice by shouting “Don’t tell me how to play!” and other similar fashion.

It doesn’t make me a better player, you’re right. It does, however, indicate that I choose to play using my own decisions and not those of others. As I’ve stated numerous times.

And you, along with other, seem to be missing the point that providing too much automation is not a good thing. Like I said earlier. If all you do is kill monsters and spend blood shards, what else is left for the player to do?

Requiring players to click to pickup Gems, Crafting Materials, Items and other things adds to the immersion and interactivity of the game.

This is another reason why Gold is useless. It has become a forgotten resource because players no longer even have to walk over the gold to pick it up. Their pets do it for them. If the player no longer has to think about something, then that something looses importance.

And what, precisely is wrong with choosing my own path?

You hardly know me, do you? It’s not that I never listen to the advice of others. It’s just that I prefer my own route.

For example, with the new Typhon’s Veil set introduced with Season 20, I tried to break convention of going with my gut, and tried to follow some builds presented by Rykker and IcyVeins (yes, I do follow them). And guess what? While their advice proved invaluable, my Typhon’s Veil build upon reaching GR105 was wholly different from any of those I researched, despite my best efforts of trying to stick with those suggested builds…

I already proved here that even if you did all your T16 rift farming wearing a max level Boon of the Hoarder you’d run out of gold if you were empowering anything higher than GR89s. Gold may seem useless to you but that’s because of how you choose to play, not because it’s actually useless.

2 Likes

Nothing and no one is claiming otherwise. Never have.

You clearly missed the bigger point. It’s your attitude. Pretty much every single time people offer a helping hand you go berserk and try to bite that hand off. You say to listen to the advice others give but your actions towards those people speak the complete opposite.

3 Likes

Who is to say when it’s too much or too little? You also contradict yourself because you’ve stated that in your way of playing you get your best gear from drops - and thus not from gambling, crafting upgrading, rerolling, reforging, and you don’t spend “too many” resources trying to get best rolls etc.

Again a contradiction. Because, by your own words, you only play the game for a bit of fun and relaxation, you don’t care about making your heroes as strong as possible, even if it could be done very, very easily and without playing around the clock. You feel that doing a GR 70 (or whatever number a bit higher. Edit I see that you state a 105 for a Wizard) is enough to keep the game fun and you don’t care about making higher augments than about 60 etc, etc. So your measuring stick is rather short compared to other players, which:

is a also very good example of. Gold is not useles and forgotten and If you race through a rift your pet will not have time or ability to pick up gold from monsters that are not in your path of travel.

Indeed.

When I did 10 T16 rifts wearing a max rank Boon of the Hoarder, I ended up with 1,386,347,503‬ gold earned. Empowering a GR150 (apparently) costs 343 million gold. Completion of a GR gives approximately 1/3 of the empowerment cost back as the reward, i.e. the net cost would be 229 million gold per GR150. That means running the 10 T16 rifts, that on average earn you 35 GR keys, provides enough gold to empower just 6 of 35 GR150s.

1 Like

True, and gold is also vital in builds that rely on damage reduction from Goldwrap and the speed boost that gold can give. So that even if a player never plans to spend much on empowering and enchants gold can be far from useless.

1 Like

Not true. I do want to make my heroes as strong as possible. Just I do not want to do it, as you put it, “very, very easily” (as too many players do in group play in order to achieve solo play records…). I see no point in making my build/s the strongest they can possibly be within the first view days of a season, leaving nothing else to do for the remainder of the season…

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Prometheus-2318/hero/49268115

See? Either you don’t know me at all, or you just didn’t bother to look. The above Wizard is what I used to get to GR105, and her augments are at mostly Caldesan’s Despair Rank 100

Meteorblade once claimed that I “cheated” with my gear augments by running GR90 in multiplayer (Way back when in Season 13, I think…). I’ll provide screenshots, should you desire, that my GR105 Wizard is pure solo play, without help from anyone other than myself…

“Very, very easily” relates to the discussion about having critcal chance and damage on gear that could easily be rerolled to something making the hero much stronger.
The discussion about auto pickup is not about making the game easier for the first few days of season, it’s about the whole season, every season.

Well, the exception that proves the rule. And I believe the discussion with Meteorblade, the math guy, came up because you claimed it was all solo.

1 Like

No. You made a brag thread about completing a season 100% solo. We showed that you’d had received some high level 2-man / 3-man GR carries, i.e. you hadn’t played 100% solo. So, it wasn’t accusation of cheating, it was proof of lying.

1 Like

You guys turned this topic to a duelling arena. So please stop that.

Auto-pick up idea is not totally bad but it has some missing points. Some players defending that it will kill the game athmosphere etc. and they got their point. Auto-pick up side which includes me is also right to request it because after long years game changed a LOT and it already lost some classic spesifications.

So i want to give a bunch of useful ideas. I hope someone read these and make a move.

Diablo game system has a grind system like 'do this-take that(if you got the chance) so auto picking materials or db or anything else must have a price to pay. Lets talk about the price of autopicking.

1. It could be a season achivement prize and there should be an option to turn it off and on for each one. This makes both sides happy.

2. It could be a set item bonus. Like Sage or Cain.

3. May be it requires so much work but we could talk about a new companion : Blacksmith. Auto - picking and auto salvaging could be his skill or his legendary item could do that.

4. A legendary item could do that like Avarice Band.

5. A pet could do that.

Bonus : Counting gems,machines and ramaladni’s as crafting materials and removing them from inventory could be nice. I didint think about pros and cons about this but just an idea.

Btw;
Collecting white blue and yellow items as materials means less server work to create and transfer item names, stats etc. As a autopick supporter putting an option like this will bring more joy to the game which we played for years and putting it as an option makes it non toxic element for classical players. Please think about this. Thank you.

1 Like

Now these ideas I could live with, because then we can all have our gold-running, materials collecting builds for when we need materials, and power builds when we’re not concerned about them.

Maybe a legendary gems can be introduced that can be raised to Level 25 to auto pickup ALL materials?

I could maybe be convinced for some system of auto-pickup of materials, but not physical objects that require interaction on the players part to use…

1 Like

Wow such a battle going on here and slightly off task to some of you. I am in favour for picking up Crating mats and DB etc as I suggested in my own post. It is more effective way of collecting and my wrist got so tired of clicking. My idea is customisation on pets that can pick up things that player needs. I mention it more details on my post. Look like I am not the only one saying it.