Bane of the Trapped

Hello

I have 2 Bane of the Trapped wore in my 2 DH and need 3rd one. I tried several times on High GR but it’s not dropping anyway. What should i do to get another bane trapped gem? I hope this is possible.

When a GR Guardian is killed, it will drop a random legendary gem that is not present on your hero, on your follower, in your Inventory, or in your Stash.

So, if you want a duplicate of a gem you already have, take it out of your hero’s gear / follower’s gear / inventory / stash and put it into the inventory of a different hero. Then run a GR on the hero that doesn’t have that gem available to it.

If you want lots of the same gem, run the GR, collect the gem, back to town, close the GR, drop the gem on the ground, run another GR, repeat until you have as many of the gems that you want. This does put the gems at risk, if you get a disconnect though.

I do this to get a load of invigorating gems, as I use those for Caldesann’s Despair augments, knowing that those gems are not used in any of my builds.

2 Likes

Great answer to my question, you are the best! Is there any GR level limit to get bane? I mean drop rate.

You get a max of one legendary gem per GR, regardless of what level the GR is. If you want to quickly get a load of gems for augments, you could run empowered GR14s. That way when the fresh gem drops, you get five 100% upgrades to take it to rank 5, really fast, for the lowest empowerment cost. You’ll end up with a load of rank 5 gems on the ground in town. Then pick them all up, and subsequent GR runs you can level them up.

2 Likes

With your direction, i got all the gems i needed. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Why drop gems on the floor instead of giving to another character to store?

Also, it seems once you have all the possible gems in your Stash, you will not receive any more gems, is that right?

Finally, does the wardrobe not already allow you to re-use existing gems on different characters? Except I noticed a “bug” when you have more than one gems of same type, the wardrobe auto-equips any same gem but of any level, ie it remembers “Bane of the Striken” but does not remember “Bane of the Striken level 50”.

It is convenient to drop them on the ground than move them to other hero. But you are taking risk of losing them when a network disconnection. Also, items on the ground will be deleted automatically after certain time.
I recommend moving them to other hero.

Yes. Also, Urshi can see the gems equipped by you and your followers, your inventory and stash. She cannot see gems on other heroes.

Not a bug. The armory always use the highest ranking gems. Not only legendary gems but also ordinary gems.

Because it’s quicker than putting the gem into your stash, leaving game, starting game on another hero, taking gem from stash into that hero’s inventory, leaving game, starting game on original hero. In the time it takes to swap heroes, you could have run another GR14 and the risk of a disconnection is so low that it’s not worth the extra time to do this every time you obtain another gem.

I already explained how to get duplicates of gems you already have earlier in the thread, using Invigorating Gemstones as the example…