Can I create a new account...?

I want to temporarily play level 1-70 with a friend, but my current account has all character slots being used. Deleting a character is a bit… meh. I’m wondering if there is a possibility to create a 2nd account somehow to play Diablo 3?

No, I don’t think there is any other way of doing it other than purchasing a new copy of the game itself. If you’re not willing to do so, then the only option available to you would be go into one of your characters, save all their equipped gear into the stash, and then delete that character.

No other way, sorry… :frowning_face:

Some of your heros show wearing no gear or perhaps useless gear, so if you use all your heros as mules to store gear you should be able to free up a lot of space to delete a hero, or rebirth it if you wanna play season.

so the answer is “no, you can’t create an account in diablo 3”

which is odd considering you can do it for diablo 2

You can easily have several accounts in D3, just log out and log in on the other account. It’s usually set to stay logged in or automatically log in.

I’ve looked around and I couldn’t find the option to create an account, is it on the website or something?

You buy a new account in the web shop and then use the code to log in in the battle net app.

facepalm.

Well if I have to buy the game again even though I fully own it, that’s not very practical.

Thanks anyway guys, I’ll just move stuff around and delete a mule.

2 Likes
  1. Pick an existing non-seasonal hero
  2. Make a note of their abilities / runes / passives / paragon allocation, and so on (take screenshots)
  3. Take all of the gear off the hero, and their follower(s), and put it into your Stash
  4. At Hero selection, click Switch Hero, select that hero, and at the bottom right of the screen, click on Rebirth
  5. Rebirthing turns your existing level 70 non-seasonal hero into a level 1 seasonal hero
  6. Hey presto, you and your friend can now start the season together and level 1-70

When the season ends, that seasonal hero will revert to being non-seasonal and you can give it back the build it had (which is why you made a note of abilities, etc) and its old gear from the stash.

I also took a quick look at your armoury pages and counted 14 heroes. There’s another option, but it’s one with a cost. The Reaper of Souls Digital Deluxe Edition can be bought as an upgrade (as you already own RoS). One of the things that gives is another 3 hero slots, taking your maximum up to 17. Cheaper than another copy of D3, means you don’t need to delete / rebirth existing heroes, and gives you some cool looking weapon transmogs into the bargain.

1. Hero rebirth
  2. ROS:DDE
2 Likes

As Meteorblade has suggested just create a seasonal character - I presume your friend can also create a seasonal character?

You will both benefit from Haedrig’s Gift so I presume they won’t have access to Adventure Mode - you will both have to do the campaign (it’s worth doing once).

Hi : I’m a bit late to the party but thought I would contribute… just in case someone else has the exact same question later on.

As others have already pointed out… no, you can’t… short from buying a new license for Diablo III.

As others have pointed out, you could create a new seasonal hero… but, since you’re already Paragon 705 this season, these would also transfer to your new seasonal hero. Of course, you could elect to not assign any of those paragon points but… that still leaves the cube and your stash which probably has all kind of nifty items… as well as your gold and all your crafting materials.

So, where does that lead you ?

You already have some non-season heroes on Americas and Asia (both with about 800 paragons)… what would you think of playing season on either of these two regions. If your friend does not already have a seasonal hero on Americas or Asia… you would be both starting “from scratch”. The only difficulty might be lag… depending where your friend and you are physically located. You already have some experience playing on the other regions… why don’t you talk it over with your friend and see what you can come up with ?

Best of luck to you and your friend… whatever you decide to do.

2 Likes