Cannot start the game

i log in game normally till the “switch character” section but the start button is desabled.

1 Like

There have been a number of reports of this in the US forums Bug Report / Technical Support section. I seem to recall there being an announcement in a blue post or blog that they had a fix for something to do with this soon, but I cannot find it. If it’s intermittent, there appears to be no workaround other than closing and restarting the Diablo III client. However, the other possibility is if you’ve received a chat silence…

If you say things in the in-game chat and enough people report you for it, you’ll get a temporary chat mute and once the reports are checked if what you said is deemed to have breached the Code of Conduct you’ll get a silence. The first silence will be for 24 hours. Each subsequent silence lasts twice as long as the previous one. If you believe you’ve been silenced for invalid reasons you can appeal the silence.

The reason I mention this is because there’s a bug outstanding (since October 2019) whereby if you’ve received a chat silence, from any Blizzard game, it prevents you from creating a Diablo III game until the penalty period expires.

There are at least two other such reports from players in Europe…

Given the time of day… it may be a good idea to raise a ticket with Support… 3 players with the same issue is a bit too much for a coincidence…
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/277/ticket

Edit : and a fourth player on Europe…

1 Like

I have that problem as well sometime. Just randomly happen. I was playing with my mates and came out to switch chars and go back in. Then go back to another char and try to go back in, button disable.

Even when I playing solo, profile char doesn’t load up straight away like before and just hang there. Look like I could only play my current char. I have been playing D3 for many years and never happen like this before. Not just me, also random to my mates as well but we can still chat on the console.

That’s another reason I mention in my own post.