Closed botting post by blizzard!

Yesterday i posted a post related to bottling which was quickly closed, by Galcavon!!

First of all i would like to thank Galcavon for pointing out the code of conduct, and listing the fact that blizzard, quote ‘We have had, and will always have, a zero-tolerance approach to any form of exploitation in our games.’

Instead of closing posts, that you are afraid of letting all other community members aware of these 3rd party issues, how about realising and accepting the fact that a very high percentage of the community are botters!! Lets not kid ourselves, and if you join any high end clan, they are all botting and using such software.

If you really think blocking posts will stop others from being aware of this, then you have joined the party way too late… banning and blocking botters at the end of the season, simply isnt good enough!! This needs to happen at least once per month!!

If you continue to ignore that the game is ridden on 3rd party software, that is sad. I see life long diablo fans who are switching to botting and using overlays so that they can find groups…

Stop blocking legit posts and start doing more to make the game better as it should be played. I am sure that 90% of the 150 cleared this season in 2 weeks, would actually struggle to repeat the same if they were legit players

13 Likes

i did that too. posting about botting. after that making topics about closing and removing my posts. trust me the only one getting a (forum) ban is you. they banned me 4 times in a row for that making it clear to me that blizzard doesnt care anymore

6 Likes

Well, you got banned four times, they do care about something :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Let’s use an example…

EU, Season 20, 4-man GR leaderboard, Rank 1 team, Barbarian player

If we use View Profile on that hero, and look at Seasons, Season 20, Summary we can see the playtime for all seven classes within the season, as follows…

Barbarian - 344 hours 39 minutes
Crusader - 0 hours 6 minutes
Demon Hunter - 43 hours 38 minutes
Monk - 0 hours 0 minutes
Necromancer - 276 hours 9 minutes
Witch Doctor - 0 hours 46 minutes
Wizard - 0 hours 0 minutes

That’s a total of 665 hours 18 minutes.

The season started at 17:00 CET on 13th March, so it’s been running approximately 30 days 3 hours = 723 hours. That means the account has been played for 663.3 / 723 hours, which is 92.125% of the season, or an average of just over 22 hours a day.

There’s no way that’s possible for a single human to accomplish for a month straight. This is clearly account sharing, botting or a combination thereof. Lots of the top leaderboard entries are similar to this. It’s readily apparent to anyone that can look at the leaderboards and has access to a calendar and a calculator that the leaderboards are infested.

I too tried a couple of years ago, on the old version of the forums, to get Blizzard to do something about this. At the time I got a response from the EU Community Manager toeing the company line, that Blizzard were definitely combatting this sort of thing. In response, I provided evidence of accounts that had been running 22+ hours a day, for entire seasons, for multiple seasons in a row, and not been banned.

I decided that I was going to stop trying to get them to do something about it as whilst they say they care, their actions do not match.

Yes, it’s a lot easier to prevent people talking about the issue than fixing it.

8 Likes

@Meteorblade i have seen your posts over the years :slight_smile:

And lets use this as an example (cant say names of the software as Galcavon, my hero, might delete this post!!!)

How about you play legit in game on rat runs as a znecro, dps or zbarb… you get kicked for 2 reasons, you dont have a certain software for using your shouts and giving movement speeds and IP… oh then the best is you get kicked cause you dont sell your items using a certain script… fast enough…

I can do 150 under 10mins easily, i dont questioned my skill, but i am not pro-efficient enough for 90% of the top players (who are clearly not legit players)…

And whats worse, blizzard makes it easier for theses guys to bot 5000 paragon, and even stating that in a season they expect people and provided analysis on 4000, para as a benchmark…

Big LOL, i almost fell of my chair, when i read that… Yes some people with no RL will hit it, but come on S20 and 150 is so easy and people are botting to 5k para already…

3 Likes

Your original post was closed at it specifically named software that is a violation of our terms. Discussion is fine, advertising is not. As for reporting individuals, this is something that should be done using either the in-game Reporting tool, or by sending an e-mail to hacks@blizzard.com as outlined here.

Therein lies the problem. Using the same method as I showed in post 4, there are literally hundreds of accounts which have been playing for 22+ hours a day, every day, for the entire season, some of which have done the same for multiple prior seasons. Why is it up to players to report them one at a time?

The in-game leaderboards / profile viewing pulls data from a back-end. Surely you guys could run a SQL query that pulls season start date / time, time the account has played, works out the percentage of the season that play time equates to, and flag any that are above 90% of the season’s run time. Then investigate the flagged accounts.

If we can tell as customers that people are cheating, why can’t you guys with access to all of the data?

8 Likes

i sent alot of mails to that adress. i still see the same people with 22hours+ per day for alot of seasons now playing this game. so stop kidding yourself. reporting botters is just waist of time

5 Likes

Do you really know how the situation is going? The email is disabled for a very long time. There is no reporting option for botter/cheater in-game. I know you already abandoned this game and allowed all botter to exploit this game.

6 Likes

Yeah,please explain to us noobs how to report bot in-game! I don’t see how (no option for bot/cheat) or am i really that stupid?? TY

3 Likes

There is no in-game option to specifically report bots. Closest you can manage is to report as harassment and type some text in to say that they’re botting.

4 Likes

If what you are saying is true it doesnt change the fact that Galcavon has a point, you really shouldnt accuse individual players on a forum. Complaining about a general principle is fine but dont use forums to attack individuals

4 Likes

Seems to me that naming cheaters on the board or naming software that alot of players are nowdays using playing ur games is an even greater crime then the actual cheating itself. :angry:

I started hardcore a long time ago cause of all the botters in softcore, yes they exists in the HC community but they are far less.

I played hardcore for a couple of seasons but have now quit cause WAY to many, I repeat - WAAAAAAAAAY to many, uses illegal software.
Pointing at stuff like turboH ops! I forgot, no names… :roll_eyes:

I started a bit of wow classic recently. And guess what? Its filled with botters and cheaters! Will most likley quit soon, Im on the edge of giving up blizzard for good.

With all this said.
Blizzard, get your shit together. Get it all together, put it in a backpack. All your shit! So it’s together! And if your gotta take it somewhere, take it to the shit store and sell it or put it in a shit museum! I dont care what you do, you just gotta get it together!.. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

4 Likes

I agreed, I have run into a few of those botters in bounties. I have tried to report individual in game but nothing about botter. Most of the time those players are extremely high paragon level like at least 4000+. Some are like 8000 and how on earth they have so much time to play such game? They don’t have a life? Clearly impossible.

It is really not fair for people who play to farm items and they just getting it for free. Blizzard should do something about it but they just don’t care I guess which is why I am also giving up with you and will not buy your D4. I am moving on to other games.

3 Likes

While I agree with you completely, and anyone can clearly find out for themselves (Galcavon) how real and bad the problem is by looking at the D3 section of jsp, this example of yours can be as innocent as two sisters sharing the same account. Yes, unlikely, but it could be as simple as that, especially for two people living in the same household and they work completely different times or they live off some kind of government assistance.

2 Likes

The only sharing allowed by the EULA is by a parent / guardian and a single minor child / ward, i.e.

Subject to the laws of your country of residence, minor children may utilize an Account established by their parent or legal guardian. In the event that you permit your minor child or legal ward (collectively, your “Child”) to use an Account on the Platform, you hereby agree to this Agreement on behalf of yourself and your Child, and you understand and agree that you will be responsible for all uses of the Account by your Child whether or not such uses were authorized by you.

Otherwise, account sharing is also prohibited by the EULA as follows…

You may not use your real name as the password for the Account, and you cannot share the Account or the Login Information with anyone, unless the terms of this Agreement allow it.

Generally speaking, siblings are not each other’s parents. That means if they share an account with each other, that’s also a breach of the EULA.

2 Likes

Brilliantly said, I couldn’t agree more, especially the siblings not being each other’s parents in reference to the EULA, excellent point, profound!

It’s been pleasant, have a great day and I hope you and your family are well and safe.

2 Likes

true but i know of 2 sisters who were orphans the older (19y) was the legal guardian of the younger (15y).
Im not saying that this is likely the case here (it prob isnt) but in order to ban someone you need actuall proof of cheating/breaking the eula and looking at hours played only gives you strong suspicion NOT proof

3 Likes

I couldn’t imagine the type of person that would even suggest banning two orphan sisters for using the same account! Of course, I too am not suggesting such a situation has or is happening, but again, I can’t imagine the type of person that would suggest banning these girls or other people in this situation.

1 Like

Sadly, I can imagine exactly the type of person that, in a discussion about expecting Blizzard to uphold its EULA, would instead strawman it into being about being mean to orphans.

2 Likes