D3 client freezes

I have been getting occasional freezes lasting many seconds each time, whereas the music and sounds carry on, and I can alt-tab out and all other Windows applications are working fine, but the Diablo client is “stuck”. Could be related to my graphics card but I can see no events in the event log or the D3 log. Any ideas?

Hi:

There is some troubleshooting for that type of issues here:

Go through it (including the Advanced Troubleshooting) and see if it helps; the words in blue are links to additional information you may find useful.

If the troubleshooting does not solve the issue, there are two alternatives you can investigate:

• Contact Blizzard Support and submit a ticket here:
    Contact Support - Blizzard Support

• Post on the Technical Support forum; you will need to provide your system configuration files so that someone can help you. If you elect to go that route, transfer this conversation to the Technical Support forum by editing your original post and changing the category from General Discussion to Technical Support.

The system configuration files can be quite large… probably larger than the forum can handle. You need to upload them to a cloud (OneDrive, Google, etc…) or use a textfile sharing website, such as pastebin.com; include the link to access the files in your reply.

1 Like

Sometimes a computer restart can help.

1 Like