D3 Screenshots are nowhere

Hi everybody,
I try to find the Screenshot Win 10 folder but with no succeed.
The windows 10 are installed at c:\ but the game Diablo 3 is installed at e:\ drive.
I have read many articles about this subject but nothing.
In this location C:\Users\Username\Documents\Diablo III there are not screenshots but a folder with same name and a file D3Prefs.txt
In the other drive where the D3 is installed there is a path E:\Diablo III\Data_D3 there are not screenshots but a folder with same name and a file D3Prefs.txt
Any ideas to find my screenshots?
Thanks in advanced.

In the “Type here to search” box of the taskbar type in the following…

%userprofile%

and then press Return. That will take you to where your user profile is stored. By default, on an installation of Windows 10 on the C: drive, that will equate to C:\Users\Username\ but it’s possible to have moved the profiles location, so the variable will always take you to the correct location. Inside that folder you should find a Diablo III folder, inside of which there will be a Screenshots folder. That’s where your screenshots will be held. Whilst you’re in-game, press Print Screen to take a screenshot, then look in the folder.

My screenshots (by F13) are saved in my Windows 10 OneDrive folder. The folder shows up in the Pathfinder window.

Unfortunately nothing.
Is there any way to change the printscreen button settings inside from diablo 3 in where store the screenshots?
I use the Everything application for better search results and there aren’t any Diablo 3 screenshot folders.

No, there isn’t.

The best way to figure it out is what Meteorblade has already suggested… start a game, take a screenshot and search for it.

The screenshots are named “Screenshot000.jpg”, “Screenshot001.jpg”, “Screenshot002.jpg” and so on.

By default, they’re stored in \Documents\Diablo III\Screenshots, per Blizzard Support - Taking a Screenshot

Also, the Screenshots folder is a sub-folder of the Diablo III folder where the D3Prefs.txt file is stored.

Cheers.

4 Likes

i did it many times but the folder is empty.
keep trying

You are using the F13 key? (or the print screen key).

After reading Boubou’s post I checked my Diablo3 document folder and all my screenshots were also there. The ones in my OneDrive folder (Windows 10) are just duplicates.

Hi again:

Did you search (with Windows Explorer or the Search tool on the Windows taskbar) other locations… including on your other drives ?

For example… (open picture in a new browser tab to enlarge) :

If you did and that there are no Diablo III related “Screenshot*.jpg” files anywhere… two things to test:

• Is it a permission issue ?
    • Create a new Admin account and logon to it,
    • Launch the Battle.Net Desktop App and Diablo III,
    • Start a game and take a screenshot
    • Exit Diablo III and search for a “Screenshot*.jpg” file

• Is the game seeing the screenshot request ?
    • Launch Diablo III and start a new game,
    • Take a screenshot
    • Exit Diablo III
    • Go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\x64 folder and double-click on the D3Debug.txt file to open it in Notepad - if you sort the files by descending datetime, it should be the first file at the top
    • Copy the whole file… Ctrl+A to select the entire file and Ctrl+C to copy the content to the Windows clipboard,
    • Paste the whole file in your reply between two lines of 4 tildes (~)… as in:
~~~~
 Paste the content of the clipboard here by using Ctrl+V
~~~~

Finally, it might be useful to move this topic to the Technical Support forum… so that Blizzard can take a look and provide some wisdom. Scroll up to the top of the topic, you will see a pencil to the right of the title. Click it. Change “General Discussion” to “Technical Support” and click the :white_check_mark: button. That will move the entire topic to Technical Support. An alternative would be to create a ticket and get some troubleshooting one-on-one from a Game Master.
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1397/ticket

Cheers !

3 Likes

Yes Jazz i am using the f13 button or PS button.

Boubou, I did the above as you wrote to me and it’s working!!! Now how could i fix the correct Microsoft Account ?

Thanks all for you help!!!

• Is it a permission issue ?
    • Create a new Admin account and logon to it,
    • Launch the Battle.Net Desktop App and Diablo III,
    • Start a game and take a screenshot
    • Exit Diablo III and search for a “Screenshot*.jpg” file
1 Like

Hi,

The problem here is finding out what is wrong with your “correct” account… for example, the new Admin account probably does not load all kind of software when starting up… it’s probably a “bare-bone” Admin account.

So… the issue might be a rogue software that gets loaded when you play D3 with your “correct” account, but does not when you play D3 with the new Admin account.

Or… the issue might be that something related to permissions is broken in the “correct” account but OK in the new Admin account.

Finding what is wrong with the “correct” account may be very time consuming… what is your feeling about logging on the new account whenever you want to play D3 ?

======================================================

As I mentioned it before, I think you should move this topic to the Technical Support forum… Customer Support might have a few ideas for you, even though this might be considered more of a Windows issue than a D3 issue.

3 Likes

Thanks for your deas.
I formated the C: drive and the game is not giving screenshots.
I believe that the problem exists because i have installed the d3 in another drive and not to c:\ drive.
Maybe a new clean installation will solve the problem.
I am living without screenshots.
Thanks guys.
:slight_smile:

1 Like