[DEVS] Introducing "Immortalisation" and "Hero's Tomb" features in Diablo IV

I do not post frequently but would like to share these two features for upcoming DIABLO IV add-ons or expansions. A shout out to Blizzard devs to add these features in the future.

1. IMMORTALISATION

• This feature fits mostly the hardcore players such as myself.

• Immortalisation is a feature that aims to glorify the death of the hardcore player.

• This feature becomes active once the player reaches a certain level. Once the player crosses that level this feature remains active.

• Upon final blow/death, the game freezes and the player can move the camera freely to get to an angle that makes for a final epic death scene.

• By clicking “Immortalise” the game can now work the printed screen with an AI engine to convert the “screenshot” into a painting of epic proportions.

That’s the least you can have as a player who invested time in hardcore play after your character have passed away.

2. HERO’S TOMB

• Again, this feature fits mostly the hardcore players.

• “Hero’s Tomb” aim to leave the legacy of a dead hardcore player name to the world of Sanctuary.

• Again, this feature becomes active once the player reaches a certain level. Once the player crosses that level this feature remains active.

• Once a hardcore player dies, there is a random “hero’s tomb” that is being created.

• Players can now find (X% chance) these tombs scattered along the lands of Sanctuary.

• These tombs are being guarded and the players need to defeat the guardians in order to enter the tomb.

• Once the player defeats the guardians they can enter the tomb and find the items of the hero who is buried there.

• The player can leave the tomb by taking only one item with them.

• All items found inside those the tombs bear the name of the hero who owned them. This name cannot be deleted from the item.

• Once an item have been retrieved from a Hero’s Tomb it cannot be found by other players who enter that specific tomb in the future.

• Lastly, if “Immortalise” feature is active, we could see that painting inside that tomb too. This could make a great tribute to the hero that passed away.

I hope you guys like my features. I believe that Hardcore play is a concept still in its infancy and if treated properly, it can become something beautiful, very interesting to experience and massive! Could go on for hours but wouldn’t make any difference <3

Again, Shout out to the Blizzard DEVS!

Thank you for your time,
Dimitris Giordas

1 Like